Pamela J Kennedy*
1285 Franz Hall
8441B Franz Hall
Member, Brain Research Institute, Neuroscience GPB Home Area
My lab is interested in how motivation and memory interact to produce goal-directed behaviors under both pathological conditions and in situations reflecting natural, biological drives. Our research takes a multi-structure approach to investigate adaptations in cortico-limbic-striatal circuits involved in the cognitive, motivational and behavioral components of drug addiction. The laboratory uses behavioral analyses in rats in combination with in vivo electrophysiology and molecular approaches to explore real-time neuronal coding across brain structures and identify target genes of interest and mechanisms of transcriptional regulation.
A selected list of publications:
- Dietz David M, Kennedy Pamela J, Sun Haosheng, Maze Ian, Gancarz Amy M, Vialou Vincent, Koo Ja Wook, Mouzon Ezekiell, Ghose Subroto, Tamminga Carol A, Nestler Eric J ÎFosB Induction in Prefrontal Cortex by Antipsychotic Drugs is Associated with Negative Behavioral Outcomes Neuropsychopharmacology : official publication of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology, 2013; .
- Kennedy Pamela J, Feng Jian, Robison A J, Maze Ian, Badimon Ana, Mouzon Ezekiell, Chaudhury Dipesh, Damez-Werno Diane M, Haggarty Stephen J, Han Ming-Hu, Bassel-Duby Rhonda, Olson Eric N, Nestler Eric J Class I HDAC inhibition blocks cocaine-induced plasticity by targeted changes in histone methylation Nature neuroscience, 2013; 16(4): 434-40.
- Sun HaoSheng, Kennedy Pamela J, Nestler Eric J Epigenetics of the depressed brain: role of histone acetylation and methylation Neuropsychopharmacology : official publication of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology, 2013; 38(1): 124-37.
- Kennedy Pamela J, Shapiro Matthew L Motivational states activate distinct hippocampal representations to guide goal-directed behaviors Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2009; 106(26): 10805-10.
- Shapiro Matthew L, Kennedy Pamela J, Ferbinteanu Janina Representing episodes in the mammalian brain Current opinion in neurobiology, 2006; 16(6): 701-9.
- Kennedy Pamela J, Shapiro Matthew L Retrieving memories via internal context requires the hippocampus The Journal of neuroscience : the official journal of the Society for Neuroscience, 2004; 24(31): 6979-85.