Paul A Krogstad
Professor, Pediatrics, University of California Los Angeles
Professor, Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, University of California Los Angeles
Paul A. Krogstad, MD is a Professor with a joint appointment in the Departments of Pediatrics and Molecular and Pharmacology, and serves as the Fellowship Director for the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Fellowship Program. Dr. Krogstad’s laboratory focuses on molecular virology and the pathogenesis of viral diseases. Major areas of interest include studying the role that cellular proteins play in promoting the assembly of viral proteins into infectious HIV particles, and their release from lymphocytes and other infected cells. His studies of HIV pathogenesis currently include the impact of HIV on T cell production and turnover in HIV infected children and adolescents. These studies may suggest new forms of therapy for HIV infection which target viral-cellular interactions, and in new approaches to the reversing immunological impact of HIV on immunological ontogeny. Dr. Krogstad?s laboratory research also includes molecular approaches to the identification of novel agents involved in idiopathic liver failure, and cellular factors involved in Coxsackie myocarditis. In addition, he has lead and collaborated in several studies of new drugs for the treatment of HIV, and leads the instruction of the module in the David Geffen School of Medicine on anti-infective agents. Dr. Krogstad has received numerous teaching awards (including The Robert C. Neerhout Teaching Award in 2003) and was the recipient of the Pediatric AIDS Foundation Scholar Award in 1991 and the Elizabeth Glaser Scientist Award (the Foundation?s highest scientific honor) in 2000 for his excellence in the field.
- Taus E, Hofmann C, Ibarrondo FJ, Hausner MA, Fulcher JA, Krogstad P, Ferbas KG, Tobin NH, Rimoin AW, Aldrovandi GM, Yang OO. Dominant CD8+ T Cell Nucleocapsid Targeting in SARS-CoV-2 Infection and Broad Spike Targeting From Vaccination.. Frontiers in immunology, 2022.
- Krogstad P, Contreras D, Ng H, Tobin N, Chambers CD, Bertrand K, Bode L, Aldrovandi GM. No infectious SARS-CoV-2 in breast milk from a cohort of 110 lactating women.. Pediatric research, 2022.
- Trivellas A, Brodke D, Hu V, de St Maurice A, Krogstad P, Silva M, Thompson RM. The utility of echocardiography in paediatric patients with musculoskeletal infections and bacteremia.. Journal of children's orthopaedics, 2021.
- Ibarrondo FJ, Hofmann C, Fulcher JA, Goodman-Meza D, Mu W, Hausner MA, Ali A, Balamurugan A, Taus E, Elliott J, Krogstad P, Tobin NH, Ferbas KG, Kitchen SG, Aldrovandi GM, Rimoin AW, Yang OO. Primary, Recall, and Decay Kinetics of SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine Antibody Responses.. ACS nano, 2021.
- Krogstad P, Contreras D, Ng H, Tobin N, Chambers CD, Bertrand K, Bode L, Aldrovandi G. No Evidence of Infectious SARS-CoV-2 in Human Milk: Analysis of a Cohort of 110 Lactating Women.. medRxiv : the preprint server for health sciences, 2021.
- Krogstad P, Samson P, Acosta EP, Moye J, Townley E, Bradford S, Brown E, Denson K, Graham B, Hovind L, Sise T, Teppler H, Mathiba SR, Fairlie L, Winckler JL, Slade G, Meyers T, International Maternal Pediatric Adolescent AIDS Clinical Trials Network P1101 Team. Pharmacokinetics and Safety of a Raltegravir-Containing Regimen in Children Aged 4 Weeks to 2 Years Living With Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Receiving Rifampin for Tuberculosis.. Journal of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society, 2021.
- Ahn TS, Han B, Krogstad P, Bun C, Kohn LA, Garcia-Lloret MI, Damoiseaux R, Butte MJ. Commercial immunoglobulin products contain cross-reactive but not neutralizing antibodies against SARS-CoV-2.. The Journal of allergy and clinical immunology, 2020.
- Chambers C, Krogstad P, Bertrand K, Contreras D, Tobin NH, Bode L, Aldrovandi G. Evaluation for SARS-CoV-2 in Breast Milk From 18 Infected Women.. JAMA, 2020.
- Chambers CD, Krogstad P, Bertrand K, Contreras D, Tobin NH, Bode L, Aldrovandi GM. Evaluation of SARS-CoV-2 in Breastmilk from 18 Infected Women.. medRxiv : the preprint server for health sciences, 2020.
- Tsai M, Thauland TJ, Huang AY, Bun C, Fitzwater S, Krogstad P, Douine ED, Nelson SF, Lee H, Garcia-Lloret MI, Butte MJ. Disseminated Coccidioidomycosis Treated with Interferon-γ and Dupilumab.. The New England journal of medicine, 2020.
- Meyers T, Samson P, Acosta EP, Moye J, Townley E, Bradford S, Marillo L, Denson K, Hovind L, Sise T, Teppler H, Mathiba SR, Masenya M, Hesseling A, Cotton MF, Krogstad P, IMPAACT P1101 Team. Pharmacokinetics and safety of a raltegravir-containing regimen in HIV-infected children aged 2-12 years on rifampicin for tuberculosis.. AIDS (London, England), 2019.
- Krogstad P, Johnson R, Garcia-Lloret MI, Heidari A, Butte MJ. Host-Pathogen Interactions in Coccidioidomycosis: Prognostic Clues and Opportunities for Novel Therapies.. Clinical therapeutics, 2019.
- Xing Y, Zuo J, Krogstad P, Jung ME. Synthesis and Structure-Activity Relationship (SAR) Studies of Novel Pyrazolopyridine Derivatives as Inhibitors of Enterovirus Replication.. Journal of medicinal chemistry, 2018.
- Tovar Padua L, Kamali A, Kim H, Green NM, Civen R, Schwartz B, Krogstad P, Deville J, Yeganeh N, Lugo D, Baker A, Soni P, Cho C, Svircic N, Dry S, Seeger L, Lloyd J, Deukmedjian G, Bowen R, Hale G, Zaki SR, Mead P, Nielsen-Saines K. Unique Case of Disseminated Plague With Multifocal Osteomyelitis.. Journal of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society, 2017.
- Mongkolrattanothai K, Nadipuram SM, Krakowski AC, Stone MM, Krogstad P, Lehman D. Leishmaniasis Gone Viral: Social Media and an Outbreak of Cutaneous Leishmaniasis.. Pediatric dermatology, 2016.
- Aguilera-Sandoval CR, Yang OO, Jojic N, Lovato P, Chen DY, Boechat MI, Cooper P, Zuo J, Ramirez C, Belzer M, Church JA, Krogstad P. Supranormal thymic output up to 2 decades after HIV-1 infection.. AIDS (London, England), 2016.
- Lugo D, Krogstad P. Enteroviruses in the early 21st century: new manifestations and challenges.. Current opinion in pediatrics, 2016.
- Zuo J, Kye S, Quinn KK, Cooper P, Damoiseaux R, Krogstad P. Discovery of Structurally Diverse Small-Molecule Compounds with Broad Antiviral Activity against Enteroviruses.. Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy, 2015.
- Krogstad P. Notes on the road to perfection; use of nevirapine in combination antiretroviral therapy for children with perinatal nevirapine exposure.. AIDS (London, England), 2015.
- Abzug MJ, Michaels MG, Wald E, Jacobs RF, Romero JR, Sánchez PJ, Wilson G, Krogstad P, Storch GA, Lawrence R, Shelton M, Palmer A, Robinson J, Dennehy P, Sood SK, Cloud G, Jester P, Acosta EP, Whitley R, Kimberlin D, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Collaborative Antiviral Study Group. A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Pleconaril for the Treatment of Neonates With Enterovirus Sepsis.. Journal of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society, 2015.
- Krogstad P, Patel K, Karalius B, Hazra R, Abzug MJ, Oleske J, Seage GR, Williams PL, Borkowsky W, Wiznia A, Pinto J, Van Dyke RB, Pediatric HIVAIDS Cohort Study, IMPAACT 219C, and NICHD International Site Development Initiative (N. Incomplete immune reconstitution despite virologic suppression in HIV-1 infected children and adolescents.. AIDS (London, England), 2015.
- Wollersheim SK, Humphries RM, Cherry JD, Krogstad P. Serological misdiagnosis of acute liver failure associated with echovirus 25 due to immunological similarities to hepatitis A virus and prozone effect.. Journal of clinical microbiology, 2014.
- Quinn KK, Wollersheim SK, Krogstad P. Complete Genome Sequence of Coxsackievirus B1 Isolated during Case Outbreaks in 2007 in the United States.. Genome announcements, 2014.
- Phung J, Krogstad P, Mathern GW. Fevers and abnormal blood and cerebrospinal fluid studies after pediatric cerebral hemispherectomy: impact of etiology and age at surgery.. Journal of neurosurgery. Pediatrics, 2013.
- Cammock CE, Halnon NJ, Skoczylas J, Blanchard J, Bohm R, Miller CJ, Lai C, Krogstad PA. Myocarditis, disseminated infection, and early viral persistence following experimental coxsackievirus B infection of cynomolgus monkeys.. PloS one, 2013.
- Phung J, Krogstad P, Mathern GW. Etiology associated with developing posthemispherectomy hydrocephalus after resection-disconnection procedures.. Journal of neurosurgery. Pediatrics, 2013.
- Phung J, Mathern GW, Krogstad P. Timing and predictors of fever and infection after craniotomy for epilepsy in children.. The Pediatric infectious disease journal, 2013.
- Marsden MD, Krogstad PA, Zack JA. Virological evidence supporting the use of raltegravir in HIV post-exposure prophylaxis regimens.. Antiviral therapy, 2012.
- Zuo J, Quinn KK, Kye S, Cooper P, Damoiseaux R, Krogstad P. Fluoxetine is a potent inhibitor of coxsackievirus replication.. Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy, 2012.
- Beck IA, Jang M, McKernan-Mullin J, Bull M, Wagner T, Huang S, Song LY, Nachman S, Krogstad P, Eshleman SH, Wiznia A, Frenkel LM. Monitoring of HIV type 1 DNA load and drug resistance in peripheral blood mononuclear cells during suppressive antiretroviral therapy does not predict virologic failure.. AIDS research and human retroviruses, 2012.
- Zuo J, Suen J, Wong A, Lewis M, Ayub A, Belzer M, Church J, Yang OO, Krogstad P. Functional analysis of HIV type 1 Nef gene variants from adolescent and adult survivors of perinatal infection.. AIDS research and human retroviruses, 2011.
- Krogstad P, Aldrovandi G. Editorial: developmental regulation of P-glycoprotein and HIV therapy: spare the thymus but spoil the child?. Journal of leukocyte biology, 2011.
- Mangione-Smith R, Krogstad P. Antibiotic prescription with asthma medications: why is it so common?. Pediatrics, 2011.
- Mochon AB, Garner OB, Hindler JA, Krogstad P, Ward KW, Lewinski MA, Rasheed JK, Anderson KF, Limbago BM, Humphries RM. New Delhi metallo-β-lactamase (NDM-1)-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae: case report and laboratory detection strategies.. Journal of clinical microbiology, 2011.
- Kitchen CM, Krogstad P, Kitchen SG. In Vivo validation of a bioinformatics based tool to identify reduced replication capacity in HIV-1.. The open medical informatics journal, 2010.
- Rudy BJ, Kapogiannis BG, Lally MA, Gray GE, Bekker LG, Krogstad P, McGowan I. Youth-specific considerations in the development of preexposure prophylaxis, microbicide, and vaccine research trials.. Journal of acquired immune deficiency syndromes (1999), 2010.
- Zuo J, Church J, Belzer M, Kitchen C, Ank B, Schmid I, Krogstad P. Short communication: enhanced CD8+ T cell apoptosis in HIV-infected adolescents with virologic failure on protease inhibitor-based therapy.. AIDS research and human retroviruses, 2010.
- Wolf MC, Freiberg AN, Zhang T, Akyol-Ataman Z, Grock A, Hong PW, Li J, Watson NF, Fang AQ, Aguilar HC, Porotto M, Honko AN, Damoiseaux R, Miller JP, Woodson SE, Chantasirivisal S, Fontanes V, Negrete OA, Krogstad P, Dasgupta A, Moscona A, Hensley LE, Whelan SP, Faull KF, Holbrook MR, Jung ME, Lee B. A broad-spectrum antiviral targeting entry of enveloped viruses.. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2010.
- Reiff A, Krogstad P, Moore S, Shaham B, Parkman R, Kitchen C, Weinberg K. Study of thymic size and function in children and adolescents with treatment refractory systemic sclerosis eligible for immunoablative therapy.. Clinical immunology (Orlando, Fla.), 2009.
- Bekmezian A, Vargas J, Krogstad P. Jaundice in a neonate with congenital diaphragmatic hernia.. Paediatrics & child health, 2009.
- Miller JP, Geng Y, Ng HL, Yang OO, Krogstad P. Packaging limits and stability of HIV-1 sequences in a coxsackievirus B vector.. Vaccine, 2009.
- Chatila TA, Krogstad P. Crouching tigers, hidden dragons: the interplay of pathogens and hosts.. Pediatric research, 2009.
- Krogstad P, Hammon R, Halnon N, Whitton JL. Fatal neonatal myocarditis caused by a recombinant human enterovirus-B variant.. The Pediatric infectious disease journal, 2008.
- Vermund SH, Krogstad PA. Prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission and management of paediatric HIV infection in Jamaica.. The West Indian medical journal, 2008.
- Kitchen CM, Nuño M, Kitchen SG, Krogstad P. Enfuvirtide antiretroviral therapy in HIV-1 infection.. Therapeutics and clinical risk management, 2008.
- Krogstad P, Cherry JD. Quadrivalent human vaccine - a call to action and for additional research.. Pediatric research, 2007.
- Krogstad PA. Resistance to antiretroviral drugs: a threat to the prevention and treatment of pediatric HIV infection.. The Journal of infectious diseases, 2007.
- Lee JC, Boechat MI, Belzer M, Church JA, De Ville J, Nielsen K, Weston S, Geng Y, Dunaway T, Kitchen C, Krogstad PA. Thymic volume, T-cell populations, and parameters of thymopoiesis in adolescent and adult survivors of HIV infection acquired in infancy.. AIDS (London, England), 2006.
- Yang OO, Church J, Kitchen CM, Kilpatrick R, Ali A, Geng Y, Killian MS, Sabado RL, Ng H, Suen J, Bryson Y, Jamieson BD, Krogstad P. Genetic and stochastic influences on the interaction of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 and cytotoxic T lymphocytes in identical twins.. Journal of virology, 2005.
- McGhee SA, Stiehm ER, Cowan M, Krogstad P, McCabe ER. Two-tiered universal newborn screening strategy for severe combined immunodeficiency.. Molecular genetics and metabolism, 2005.
- Rosenblatt HM, Song LY, Nachman SA, Stanley KE, Krogstad PA, Johnson GM, Wiznia AA, Pediatric Aids Clinical Trials Group 377 Study Team. Tetanus immunity after diphtheria, tetanus toxoids, and acellular pertussis vaccination in children with clinically stable HIV infection.. The Journal of allergy and clinical immunology, 2005.
- Huang DD, Bremer JW, Brambilla DJ, Palumbo PE, Aldrovandi G, Eshleman S, Brown C, Fiscus S, Frenkel L, Hamdan H, Hart S, Kovacs A, Krogstad P, LaRussa P, Sullivan J, Weinberg A, Zhao YQ, Pediatric ACTG Sequencing Working Group. Model for assessment of proficiency of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 sequencing-based genotypic antiretroviral assays.. Journal of clinical microbiology, 2005.
- Rosenblatt HM, Stanley KE, Song LY, Johnson GM, Wiznia AA, Nachman SA, Krogstad PA, Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials Group 377 Study Team. Immunological response to highly active antiretroviral therapy in children with clinically stable HIV-1 infection.. The Journal of infectious diseases, 2005.
- Nachman SA, Lindsey JC, Moye J, Stanley KE, Johnson GM, Krogstad PA, Wiznia AA, Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials Group 377 Study Team. Growth of human immunodeficiency virus-infected children receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy.. The Pediatric infectious disease journal, 2005.
- Ziring D, Tran R, Edelstein S, McDiarmid SV, Gajjar N, Cortina G, Vargas J, Renz JF, Cherry JD, Krogstad P, Miller M, Busuttil RW, Farmer DG. Infectious enteritis after intestinal transplantation: incidence, timing, and outcome.. Transplantation, 2005.
- Jeremy RJ, Kim S, Nozyce M, Nachman S, McIntosh K, Pelton SI, Yogev R, Wiznia A, Johnson GM, Krogstad P, Stanley K, Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials Group (PACTG) 338 & 377 Study Teams. Neuropsychological functioning and viral load in stable antiretroviral therapy-experienced HIV-infected children.. Pediatrics, 2005.
- Halnon NJ, Jamieson B, Plunkett M, Kitchen CM, Pham T, Krogstad P. Thymic function and impaired maintenance of peripheral T cell populations in children with congenital heart disease and surgical thymectomy.. Pediatric research, 2004.
- Molina RA, Katzir L, Rhee C, Ingram-Drake L, Moore T, Krogstad P, Martín MG. Early evidence of bone marrow dysfunction in children with indeterminate fulminant hepatic failure who ultimately develop aplastic anemia.. American journal of transplantation : official journal of the American Society of Transplantation and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons, 2004.
- Cherry JD, Krogstad P. SARS: the first pandemic of the 21st century.. Pediatric research, 2004.
- Ziring D, Tran R, Edelstein S, McDiarmid SV, Vargas J, Cortina G, Gajjar N, Ching N, Cherry J, Krogstad P, Renz JF, Fondevila C, Busuttil RW, Farmer DG. Infectious enteritis after intestinal transplantation: incidence, timing, and outcome.. Transplantation proceedings, 2004.
- Krogstad P. Molecular biology of the human immunodeficiency virus: current and future targets for intervention.. Seminars in pediatric infectious diseases, 2003.
- Krogstad P, Martín MG. Evaluation of acute liver failure.. The Pediatric infectious disease journal, 2003.
- Floren LC, Wiznia A, Hayashi S, Jayewardene A, Stanley K, Johnson G, Nachman S, Krogstad P, Aweeka FT, Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials Group 377 Protocol Team. Nelfinavir pharmacokinetics in stable human immunodeficiency virus-positive children: Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials Group Protocol 377.. Pediatrics, 2003.
- Pham T, Belzer M, Church JA, Kitchen C, Wilson CM, Douglas SD, Geng Y, Silva M, Mitchell RM, Krogstad P. Assessment of thymic activity in human immunodeficiency virus-negative and -positive adolescents by real-time PCR quantitation of T-cell receptor rearrangement excision circles.. Clinical and diagnostic laboratory immunology, 2003.
- Lerdluedeeporn P, Krogstad P, Roberts RL, Stiehm ER. Oral corticosteroids in cat-scratch disease.. Clinical pediatrics, 2003.
- Polycarpou A, Ntais C, Korber BT, Elrich HA, Winchester R, Krogstad P, Wolinsky S, Rostron T, Rowland-Jones SL, Ammann AJ, Ioannidis JP, Ariel Project. Association between maternal and infant class I and II HLA alleles and of their concordance with the risk of perinatal HIV type 1 transmission.. AIDS research and human retroviruses, 2002.
- Chen F, Shannon K, Ding S, Silva ME, Wetzel GT, Klitzner TS, Krogstad P. HIV type 1 glycoprotein 120 inhibits cardiac myocyte contraction.. AIDS research and human retroviruses, 2002.
- Krogstad P, Eshleman SH, Geng Y, Jackson JB, Wantman M, Korber B, Lang D, Wiznia A, Johnson G, Nachman S, Palumbo P. Mother-to-child transmission in the United States of subtypes D and A/G human immunodeficiency virus type 1.. AIDS research and human retroviruses, 2002.
- Van Dyke RB, Lee S, Johnson GM, Wiznia A, Mohan K, Stanley K, Morse EV, Krogstad PA, Nachman S, Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials Group Adherence Subcommittee Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials Group 377. Reported adherence as a determinant of response to highly active antiretroviral therapy in children who have human immunodeficiency virus infection.. Pediatrics, 2002.
- Krogstad P, Geng YZ, Rey O, Canon J, Ibarrondo FJ, Ackerson B, Patel J, Aldovini A. Human immunodeficiency virus nucleocapsid protein polymorphisms modulate the infectivity of RNA packaging mutants.. Virology, 2002.
- Krogstad P, Lee S, Johnson G, Stanley K, McNamara J, Moye J, Jackson JB, Aguayo R, Dieudonne A, Khoury M, Mendez H, Nachman S, Wiznia A, Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials Group 377 Study Team. Nucleoside-analogue reverse-transcriptase inhibitors plus nevirapine, nelfinavir, or ritonavir for pretreated children infected with human immunodeficiency virus type 1.. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, 2002.
- Ziegner UH, Kobayashi RH, Cunningham-Rundles C, Español T, Fasth A, Huttenlocher A, Krogstad P, Marthinsen L, Notarangelo LD, Pasic S, Rieger CH, Rudge P, Sankar R, Shigeoka AO, Stiehm ER, Sullivan KE, Webster AD, Ochs HD. Progressive neurodegeneration in patients with primary immunodeficiency disease on IVIG treatment.. Clinical immunology (Orlando, Fla.), 2002.
- Ibarrondo FJ, Choi R, Geng YZ, Canon J, Rey O, Baldwin GC, Krogstad P. HIV type 1 Gag and nucleocapsid proteins: cytoskeletal localization and effects on cell motility.. AIDS research and human retroviruses, 2001.
- Eshleman SH, Krogstad P, Jackson JB, Wang YG, Lee S, Wei LJ, Cunningham S, Wantman M, Wiznia A, Johnson G, Nachman S, Palumbo P. Analysis of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 drug resistance in children receiving nucleoside analogue reverse-transcriptase inhibitors plus nevirapine, nelfinavir, or ritonavir (Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials Group 377).. The Journal of infectious diseases, 2001.
- Cunningham S, Ank B, Lewis D, Lu W, Wantman M, Dileanis JA, Jackson JB, Palumbo P, Krogstad P, Eshleman SH. Performance of the applied biosystems ViroSeq human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) genotyping system for sequence-based analysis of HIV-1 in pediatric plasma samples.. Journal of clinical microbiology, 2001.
- Silva ME, Malogolowkin MH, Hall TR, Sadeghi AM, Krogstad P. Mycotic aneurysm of the thoracic aorta due to Aspergillus terreus: case report and review.. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, 2000.
- Equils O, Garratty E, Wei LS, Plaeger S, Tapia M, Deville J, Krogstad P, Sim MS, Nielsen K, Bryson YJ. Recovery of replication-competent virus from CD4 T cell reservoirs and change in coreceptor use in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected children responding to highly active antiretroviral therapy.. The Journal of infectious diseases, 2000.
- Wiznia A, Stanley K, Krogstad P, Johnson G, Lee S, McNamara J, Moye J, Jackson JB, Mendez H, Aguayo R, Dieudonne A, Kovacs A, Bamji M, Abrams E, Rana S, Sever J, Nachman S. Combination nucleoside analog reverse transcriptase inhibitor(s) plus nevirapine, nelfinavir, or ritonavir in stable antiretroviral therapy-experienced HIV-infected children: week 24 results of a randomized controlled trial--PACTG 377. Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials Group 377 Study Team.. AIDS research and human retroviruses, 2000.
- Krogstad P, Uittenbogaart CH, Dickover R, Bryson YJ, Plaeger S, Garfinkel A. Primary HIV infection of infants: the effects of somatic growth on lymphocyte and virus dynamics.. Clinical immunology (Orlando, Fla.), 1999.
- Krogstad P, Wiznia A, Luzuriaga K, Dankner W, Nielsen K, Gersten M, Kerr B, Hendricks A, Boczany B, Rosenberg M, Jung D, Spector SA, Bryson Y. Treatment of human immunodeficiency virus 1-infected infants and children with the protease inhibitor nelfinavir mesylate.. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, 1999.
- Mangione-Smith R, McGlynn EA, Elliott MN, Krogstad P, Brook RH. The relationship between perceived parental expectations and pediatrician antimicrobial prescribing behavior.. Pediatrics, 1999.
- Dreimane D, Gallagher K, Nielsen K, Krogstad P, Stiehm ER, Bryson YJ, Geffner ME. Growth hormone exerts potent anabolic effects in an adolescent with human immunodeficiency virus wasting.. The Pediatric infectious disease journal, 1999.
- Rebolledo MA, Krogstad P, Chen F, Shannon KM, Klitzner TS. Infection of human fetal cardiac myocytes by a human immunodeficiency virus-1-derived vector.. Circulation research, 1998.
- Dickover RE, Dillon M, Leung KM, Krogstad P, Plaeger S, Kwok S, Christopherson C, Deveikis A, Keller M, Stiehm ER, Bryson YJ. Early prognostic indicators in primary perinatal human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection: importance of viral RNA and the timing of transmission on long-term outcome.. The Journal of infectious diseases, 1998.
- von Seidlein L, Plaeger S, Dickover R, Krogstad P, Stiehm ER, Bryson Y. Primary human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection during pregnancy associated with transmission of SI/MT-2 cell tropic virus and precipitous loss of CD4 cells in mother and infant.. The Pediatric infectious disease journal, 1998.
- Frenkel LM, Mullins JI, Learn GH, Manns-Arcuino L, Herring BL, Kalish ML, Steketee RW, Thea DM, Nichols JE, Liu SL, Harmache A, He X, Muthui D, Madan A, Hood L, Haase AT, Zupancic M, Staskus K, Wolinsky S, Krogstad P, Zhao J, Chen I, Koup R, Ho D, Korber B, Apple RJ, Coombs RW, Pahwa S, Roberts NJ. Genetic evaluation of suspected cases of transient HIV-1 infection of infants.. Science (New York, N.Y.), 1998.
- Kong LB, An D, Ackerson B, Canon J, Rey O, Chen IS, Krogstad P, Stewart PL. Cryoelectron microscopic examination of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 virions with mutations in the cyclophilin A binding loop.. Journal of virology, 1998.
- Ackerson B, Rey O, Canon J, Krogstad P. Cells with high cyclophilin A content support replication of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Gag mutants with decreased ability to incorporate cyclophilin A.. Journal of virology, 1998.
- Luzuriaga K, Bryson Y, Krogstad P, Robinson J, Stechenberg B, Lamson M, Cort S, Sullivan JL. Combination treatment with zidovudine, didanosine, and nevirapine in infants with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection.. The New England journal of medicine, 1997.
- Cao Y, Krogstad P, Korber BT, Koup RA, Muldoon M, Macken C, Song JL, Jin Z, Zhao JQ, Clapp S, Chen IS, Ho DD, Ammann AJ. Maternal HIV-1 viral load and vertical transmission of infection: the Ariel Project for the prevention of HIV transmission from mother to infant.. Nature medicine, 1997.
- Krogstad P, Chen IS, Canon J, Rey O. Quantitative analysis of the endogenous reverse transcriptase reactions of HIV type 1 variants with decreased susceptibility to azidothymidine and nevirapine.. AIDS research and human retroviruses, 1996.
- Rey O, Canon J, Krogstad P. HIV-1 Gag protein associates with F-actin present in microfilaments.. Virology, 1996.
- Canon J, Krogstad P. Economical apparatus for safe, accurate recovery of biohazardous or radioactive gradient fractions.. BioTechniques, 1996.
- Masuda T, Planelles V, Krogstad P, Chen IS. Genetic analysis of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 integrase and the U3 att site: unusual phenotype of mutants in the zinc finger-like domain.. Journal of virology, 1995.
- Weiss IK, Krogstad PA, Botero C, Von Seidlein L, Nash K. Fatal Mycobacterium avium meningitis after mis-identification of M tuberculosis.. Lancet (London, England), 1995.
- Daar ES, Chernyavskiy T, Zhao JQ, Krogstad P, Chen IS, Zack JA. Sequential determination of viral load and phenotype in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection.. AIDS research and human retroviruses, 1995.
- Kaplan AH, Krogstad P, Kempf DJ, Norbeck DW, Swanstrom R. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 virions composed of unprocessed Gag and Gag-Pol precursors are capable of reverse transcribing viral genomic RNA.. Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy, 1994.
- Krogstad PA, Zack JA, Chen IS. HIV-1 reverse transcription in cord blood lymphocytes: implications for infection of newborns.. AIDS research and human retroviruses, 1994.
- Krogstad P, Mendelman PM, Miller VL, Clausen C, Abbott S, Weagant S, Wilson CL, Lewis DB. Clinical and microbiologic characteristics of cutaneous infection with Yersinia enterocolitica.. The Journal of infectious diseases, 1992.
- Zack JA, Haislip AM, Krogstad P, Chen IS. Incompletely reverse-transcribed human immunodeficiency virus type 1 genomes in quiescent cells can function as intermediates in the retroviral life cycle.. Journal of virology, 1992.
- Krogstad PA, Champoux JJ. Sequence-specific binding of DNA by the Moloney murine leukemia virus integrase protein.. Journal of virology, 1990.