Sherie L Morrison
Los Angeles, CA 90095 247 BSRB
CAMPUS - 157005
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Professor, Microbiology, Immunology & Molecular Genetics
Member, Immunity, Microbes & Molecular Pathogenesis GPB Home Area, Molecular Pharmacology GPB Home Area, Tumor Immunology Program at the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center (JCCC)
Member, Immunity, Microbes & Molecular Pathogenesis GPB Home Area, Molecular Pharmacology GPB Home Area, Tumor Immunology Program at the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center (JCCC)
In 1982 our laboratory developed the methods for expressing antibody genes in lymphoid cells. This technology both enabled us to identify lymphoid specific controlling elements(enhancers) and to produce genetically engineered antibodies in the appropriate cellular environment. We have exploited this approach for a systematic analysis of the structure/function relationships within the Ab molecule including an analysis of the role of carbohydrate in antibody function. We have also gone on to make antibody fusion proteins with unique functional properties and targeting potential. Specific problems being addressed by the laboratory include: Role of carbohydrate in antibody function: All antibodies are glycoproteins and an unanswered question is the role of carbohydrate in antibody function. The carbohydrate in CH2 essential for the biological activity of IgG is always biantennary and as a consequence of the complexity of carbohydrate biosynthesis, heterogeneity in structure is normally observed. A considerable body of evidence shows that changes in carbohydrate structure result in changes in antibody structure and function and can contribute to some disease.. It is therefore of interest to obtain quantities of Abs with altered carbohydrate structure to analyze the influence of these sugars on antibody function. To do this we are using Chinese hamster ovary cells with defined mutations in glycosyltransferase activity to produce antibodies. IgA, the important isotype in providing specific protection at the mucosal surface, is highly glycosylated and we are investigating the role of carbohydrate in determining the properties of IgA We are also using site-directed-mutagenesis and domain exchange to determine the structural correlates of IgA function. We have developed a cell which expresses IgA with attached secretory component (SC) and we plan to exploit this system to produce antibodies which will be effective in providing passive protection at the mucosal surface . Although a significant percentage of antibodies contain variable region carbohydrate, the function of that carbohydrate remains unclear. We have produced a family of antibodies of the same specificity with carbohydrate at different positions in their variable region. The functional properties of the resulting Abs including their in vivo half-life, reactivity with rheumatoid factors (RFs) and affinity for antigen (Ag) are being determined. Site-directed mutations is being used to ascertain which variable region sequences can be glycosylated. Recent studies have shown that glycosylation of some variable regions results in retention in the endoplasmic reticulum. Antibodies and protection against infectious disease: A critical issue of course is whether the molecules that we develop are in fact effective in relevant models of disease. In particular, antibodies are often considered for use as therapeutic agents against infectious disease. We will now focus our attention on the effectiveness of recombinant antibodies with different functional properties specific for cryptococcus. This is an especially important and relevant system since a murine anti-cryptococcus mAb is expected to soon be approved by the FDA for Phase I trials. If the initial trials prove promising, our experiments will identify the best candidates for the second generation antibody. Antibody fusion proteins for the treatment of malignancy: Despite considerable advancement in anti-cancer therapy, minimal residual disease remains a major problem in the clinical management of cancer. The rational design of new treatment modalities must emphasize agents which can overcome tumor resistance, are selective for tumor cells and address the systemic nature of the diseases. Over the last several years the work in our laboratory has focused on producing genetically engineered antibodies fusion proteins as therapeutic agents specifically attempting to augment and potentiate the host defense systems against cancer. We have combined the immunostimulatory cytokines IL-2, IL-12. GM-CSF and IFN-a. with the targeting specificity and ease of deliv ery of antibodies specific for the tumor associated antigens HER2/neu and CEA. We anticipate that although the tumor expression of HER2/neu or CEA may be heterogeneous, targeting via HER2/neu or CEA antibody-cytokine fusion proteins will activate T cells with specificity against other unidentified antigens, resultin g in destruction of both HER2/neu or CEA positive and nonexpressing cells. We also expect that non-specific cellular immune response such as NK activation may c ontribute to the elimination of targeted tumor cells. By simultaneously targeting more than one cytokine we expect to see synergy in immune activation; we will achieve this by combining more that one cytokine in a single fusion protein and by simultaneously targeting either different epitopes on the same tumor antigen or different tumor antigens expressed on the tumor. We will test the effectiveness of the fusion proteins in established murine tumor models engineered to express HER2/neu or CEA. Fusion proteins as delivery vehicles to novel sites. Over the past several years we have attempted to utilize antibody fusion proteins to deliver agents to sites which are otherwise poorly accessible. In particular, we have attempted to use the growth factor receptors on the blood-brain-barrier to access the brain. We have shown that both fusion proteins contain growth factors such as transfer rin and antibody to growth factor receptors gain access to the brain. We have r ecently developed an anti-transferrin receptor-avidin fusion protein which shows great potential as a brain delivery vehicle. Experiments are in progress to develop other delivery vehicles with special emphasis on delivering enzymes which will convert a non-toxic prodrug into a toxic agent. Vehicles can also be developed to deliver cytotoxic agents to malignant cells that are not in the brain. In particular we plan to target tumor cells expressing on their surface the Interleukin-2 or transferrin receptor using antibody fusi on proteins that either have the ligand (e.g. IL-2 or transferrin(Tf)) covalently associated or have a variable region that recognizes the receptor (e.g. anti-TfR). To these targeting vehicles we will attach a therapeutic agent by a strong, but noncovalent interaction. The antibody fusion proteins containing IL-2 or Tf will be specific for the hapten dansyl and will be used for the delivery of dansylated agents. The anti-TfR antibody will be covalently fused to avidin and will be used for the delivery of biotinylated agents
Genetic engineering and gene transfection of antibodies In 1982 the Morrison laboratory developed the methods for expressing antibody genes in lymphoid cells. This technology made it possible to identify lymphoid specific controlling elements(enhancers) and to produce genetically engineered antibodies in the appropriate cellular environment. This approach made possible a systematic analysis of the structure/function relationships within the Ab molecule including an analysis of the role of carbohydrate in antibody function. It also made it possible to make novel antibodies and antibody based therapeutics.
A selected list of publications:
- De Oliveira Satiro N, Wang Jiexin, Ryan Christine, Morrison Sherie L, Kohn Donald B, Hollis Roger P A CD19/Fc fusion protein for detection of anti-CD19 chimeric antigen receptors Journal of translational medicine, 2013; 11(15): 23.
- Trinh Kham R, Vasuthasawat Alex, Steward Kristopher K, Yamada Reiko E, Timmerman John M, Morrison Sherie L Anti-CD20-interferon-Î² fusion protein therapy of murine B-cell lymphomas Journal of immunotherapy (Hagerstown, Md. : 1997), 2013; 36(5): 305-18.
- Asai Tsuneaki, Morrison Sherie L The SRC family tyrosine kinase HCK and the ETS family transcription factors SPIB and EHF regulate transcytosis across a human follicle-associated epithelium model The Journal of biological chemistry, 2013; 288(15): 10395-405.
- Yoo Esther M, Trinh K Ryan, Lim Hana, Wims Letitia A, Morrison Sherie L Characterization of IgA and IgM binding and internalization by surface-expressed human FcÎ±/Î¼ receptor Molecular immunology, 2011; 48(15-16): 1818-26.
- Yoo Esther M, Yu Li J, Wims Letitia A, Goldberg David, Morrison Sherie L Differences in N-glycan structures found on recombinant IgA1 and IgA2 produced in murine myeloma and CHO cell lines mAbs, 2011; 2(3): 320-34.
- Kim Sanggu, Kim Yun-Cheol, Qi Hangfei, Su Kunkai, Morrison Sherie L, Chow Samson A Efficient identification of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 mutants resistant to a protease inhibitor by using a random mutant library Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy, 2011; 55(11): 5090-8.
- Mershon-Shier Kileen L, Vasuthasawat Alex, Takahashi Kazue, Morrison Sherie L, Beenhouwer David O In vitro C3 deposition on Cryptococcus capsule occurs via multiple complement activation pathways Molecular immunology, 2011; 48(15-16): 2009-18.
- Xuan Caiyun, Steward Kristopher K, Timmerman John M, Morrison Sherie L Targeted delivery of interferon-alpha via fusion to anti-CD20 results in potent antitumor activity against B-cell lymphoma Blood, 2010; 115(14): 2864-71.
- Kim Yun-Cheol, Morrison Sherie L A rapid and economic in-house DNA purification method using glass syringe filters PloS one, 2009; 4(11): e7750.
- Afshar Sepideh, Olafsen Tove, Wu Anna M, Morrison Sherie L Characterization of an engineered human purine nucleoside phosphorylase fused to an anti-her2/neu single chain Fv for use in ADEPT Journal of experimental & clinical cancer research : CR, 2009; 28(14): 147.
- Afshar Sepideh, Asai Tsuneaki, Morrison Sherie L Humanized ADEPT comprised of an engineered human purine nucleoside phosphorylase and a tumor targeting peptide for treatment of cancer Molecular cancer therapeutics, 2009; 8(1): 185-93.
- Cho John S, Kim Yun C, Morrison Sherie L Inhibitors of MyD88-dependent proinflammatory cytokine production identified utilizing a novel RNA interference screening approach PloS one, 2009; 4(9): e7029.
- Cho John S, Hsu Jeffrey V, Morrison Sherie L Localized expression of GITR-L in the tumor microenvironment promotes CD8+ T cell dependent anti-tumor immunity Cancer immunology, immunotherapy : CII, 2009; 58(7): 1057-69.
- Kim Yun Cheol, Morrison Sherie L N-terminal domain-deleted mu transposase exhibits increased transposition activity with low target site preference in modified buffers Journal of molecular microbiology and biotechnology, 2009; 17(1): 30-40.
- Montano Ramon F, Penichet Manuel L, Blackall Douglas P, Morrison Sherie L, Chintalacharuvu Koteswara R Recombinant polymeric IgG anti-Rh: a novel strategy for development of direct agglutinating reagents Journal of immunological methods, 2009; 340(1): 1-10.
- Mershon Kileen L, Vasuthasawat Alex, Lawson Gregory W, Morrison Sherie L, Beenhouwer David O Role of complement in protection against Cryptococcus gattii infection Infection and immunity, 2009; 77(3): 1061-70.
- Afshar Sepideh, Sawaya Michael R, Morrison Sherie L Structure of a mutant human purine nucleoside phosphorylase with the prodrug, 2-fluoro-2′-deoxyadenosine and the cytotoxic drug, 2-fluoroadenine Protein science : a publication of the Protein Society, 2009; 18(5): 1107-14.
- Kim Yun Cheol, Lee Hui Sun, Yoon Sukjoon, Morrison Sherie L Transposon-directed base-exchange mutagenesis (TDEM): a novel method for multiple-nucleotide substitutions within a target gene BioTechniques, 2009; 46(7): 534-42.
- Cheng Lucy S, Hwang Seungmin, Huang Tzu-Hsuan, Sheu Ting-Chang, Sun Ren, Morrison Sherie L, Cheng Genhong, Shahangian Arash Antibody-fused interferons as an effective approach to enhance target specificity and antiviral efficacy of type I interferons Cell research, 2008; 18(12): 1230-2.
- Aslam Akhmed, Quinn Phyllis, McIntosh Richard S, Shi Jianguo, Ghumra Ashfaq, McKerrow James H, Bunting Karen A, Dunne David W, Doenhoff Michael J, Morrison Sherie L, Zhang Ke, Pleass Richard J Proteases from Schistosoma mansoni cercariae cleave IgE at solvent exposed interdomain regions Molecular immunology, 2008; 45(2): 567-74.
- Beenhouwer David O, Yoo Esther M, Lai Chun-Wei, Rocha Miguel A, Morrison Sherie L Human immunoglobulin G2 (IgG2) and IgG4, but not IgG1 or IgG3, protect mice against Cryptococcus neoformans infection Infection and immunity, 2007; 75(3): 1424-35.
- Chintalacharuvu Koteswara R, Gurbaxani Brian, Morrison Sherie L Incomplete assembly of IgA2m(2) in Chinese hamster ovary cells Molecular immunology, 2007; 44(13): 3445-52.
- Huang Tzu-Hsuan, Chintalacharuvu Koteswara R, Morrison Sherie L Targeting IFN-alpha to B cell lymphoma by a tumor-specific antibody elicits potent antitumor activities Journal of immunology (Baltimore, Md. : 1950), 2007; 179(10): 6881-8.
- Olafsen Tove, Gu Zhennan, Sherman Mark A, Leyton Jeffrey V, Witkosky Michael E, Shively John E, Raubitschek Andrew A, Morrison Sherie L, Wu Anna M, Reiter Robert E Targeting, imaging, and therapy using a humanized antiprostate stem cell antigen (PSCA) antibody Journal of immunotherapy (Hagerstown, Md. : 1997), 2007; 30(4): 396-405.
- Morrison Sherie L Two heads are better than one Nature biotechnology, 2007; 25(11): 1233-4.
- Huang Tzu-Hsuan, Morrison Sherie L A trimeric anti-HER2/neu ScFv and tumor necrosis factor-alpha fusion protein induces HER2/neu signaling and facilitates repair of injured epithelia The Journal of pharmacology and experimental therapeutics, 2006; 316(3): 983-91.
- Gurbaxani Brian, Dela Cruz Linh L, Chintalacharuvu Koteswara, Morrison Sherie L Analysis of a family of antibodies with different half-lives in mice fails to find a correlation between affinity for FcRn and serum half-life Molecular immunology, 2006; 43(9): 1462-73.
- Dela Cruz Jay Soriano, Trinh Kamh Ryan, Chen Hsiao Wen, Ribas Antoni, Morrison Sherie L, Penichet Manuel L Anti-HER2/neu IgG3-(IL-2) and anti-HER2/neu IgG3-(GM-CSF) promote HER2/neu processing and presentation by dendritic cells: implications in immunotherapy and vaccination strategies Molecular immunology, 2006; 43(6): 667-76.
- Gurbaxani Brian Mohan, Morrison Sherie L Development of new models for the analysis of Fc-FcRn interactions Molecular immunology, 2006; 43(9): 1379-89.
- Ng Patrick P, Helguera Gustavo, Daniels Tracy R, Lomas Simon Z, Rodriguez Jose A, Schiller Gary, Bonavida Benjamin, Morrison Sherie L, Penichet Manuel L Molecular events contributing to cell death in malignant human hematopoietic cells elicited by an IgG3-avidin fusion protein targeting the transferrin receptor Blood, 2006; 108(8): 2745-54.
- Samuelsson Martin, Jendholm Johan, Amisten Stefan, Morrison Sherie L, Forsgren Arne, Riesbeck Kristian The IgD CH1 region contains the binding site for the human respiratory pathogen Moraxella catarrhalis IgD-binding protein MID European journal of immunology, 2006; 36(9): 2525-34.
- Helguera Gustavo, Dela Cruz Jay S, Lowe Christine, Ng Patrick P, Trinh Ryan, Morrison Sherie L, Penichet Manuel L Vaccination with novel combinations of anti-HER2/neu cytokines fusion proteins and soluble protein antigen elicits a protective immune response against HER2/neu expressing tumors Vaccine, 2006; 24(3): 304-16.
- Asai Tsuneaki, Trinh Ryan, Ng Patrick P, Penichet Manuel L, Wims Letitia A, Morrison Sherie L A human biotin acceptor domain allows site-specific conjugation of an enzyme to an antibody-avidin fusion protein for targeted drug delivery Biomolecular engineering, 2005; 21(6): 145-55.
- Asai Tsuneaki, Wims Letitia A, Morrison Sherie L An interaction between S*tag and S*protein derived from human ribonuclease 1 allows site-specific conjugation of an enzyme to an antibody for targeted drug delivery Journal of immunological methods, 2005; 299(1-2): 63-76.
- Dela Cruz JS, Trinh KR, Chen HW, Ribas A, Morrison S L, Penichet ML Anti-HER2/neu IgG3-(IL-2) and anti-HER2/neu IgG3-(GM-CSF) promote HER2/neu processing and presentation by dendritic cells: Implications in immunotherapy and vaccination strategies Mol Immunol, 2005; .
- Cho Hyun-Mi, Rosenblatt Joseph D, Kang Young-Sook, Iruela-Arispe M Luisa, Morrison Sherie L, Penichet Manuel L, Kwon Young-Guen, Kim Tae-Woong, Webster Keith A, Nechustan Hovav, Shin Seung-Uon Enhanced inhibition of murine tumor and human breast tumor xenografts using targeted delivery of an antibody-endostatin fusion protein Molecular cancer therapeutics, 2005; 4(6): 956-67.
- Yoo Esther M, Morrison Sherie L IgA: an immune glycoprotein Clinical immunology (Orlando, Fla.), 2005; 116(1): 3-10.
- Dela Cruz Jay S, Morrison Sherie L, Penichet Manuel L Insights into the mechanism of anti-tumor immunity in mice vaccinated with the human HER2/neu extracellular domain plus anti-HER2/neu IgG3-(IL-2) or anti-HER2/neu IgG3-(GM-CSF) fusion protein Vaccine, 2005; 23(39): 4793-803.
- Zhu Lei, van de Lavoir Marie-Cecile, Albanese Jenny, Beenhouwer David O, Cardarelli Pina M, Cuison Severino, Deng David F, Deshpande Shrikant, Diamond Jennifer H, Green Lynae, Halk Edward L, Heyer Babette S, Kay Robert M, Kerchner Allyn, Leighton Philip A, Mather Christine M, Morrison Sherie L, Nikolov Zivko L, Passmore David B, Pradas-Monne Alicia, Preston Benjamin T, Rangan Vangipuram S, Shi Mingxia, Srinivasan Mohan, White Steven G, Winters-Digiacinto Peggy, Wong Susan, Zhou Wen, Etches Robert J Production of human monoclonal antibody in eggs of chimeric chickens Nature biotechnology, 2005; 23(9): 1159-69.
- Dela Cruz JS, Huang TH, Penichet ML, Morrison SL Antibody-cytokine fusion proteins: innovative weapons in the war against cancer Clinical and experimental medicine. , 2004; 4(2): 57-64.
- Trinh Ryan, Gurbaxani Brian, Morrison Sherie L, Seyfzadeh Manouchehr Optimization of codon pair use within the (GGGGS)3 linker sequence results in enhanced protein expression Molecular immunology, 2004; 40(10): 717-22.
- Gala FranÃ§oise A, Morrison Sherie L V region carbohydrate and antibody expression Journal of immunology (Baltimore, Md. : 1950), 2004; 172(9): 5489-94.
- Chan Lisa A, Phillips Martin L, Wims Letitia A, Trinh K Ryan, Denham Jerrod, Morrison Sherie L Variable region domain exchange in human IgGs promotes antibody complex formation with accompanying structural changes and altered effector functions Molecular immunology, 2004; 41(5): 527-38.
- Chintalacharuvu Koteswara R, Chuang Philip D, Dragoman Ashley, Fernandez Christine Z, Qiu Jiazhou, Plaut Andrew G, Trinh K Ryan, Gala FranÃ§oise A, Morrison Sherie L Cleavage of the human immunoglobulin A1 (IgA1) hinge region by IgA1 proteases requires structures in the Fc region of IgA Infection and immunity, 2003; 71(5): 2563-70.
- Yoo Esther M, Wims Letitia A, Chan Lisa A, Morrison Sherie L Human IgG2 can form covalent dimers Journal of immunology (Baltimore, Md. : 1950), 2003; 170(6): 3134-8.
- Dela Cruz Jay S, Lau Suk Ying, Ramirez Ernesto M, De Giovanni Carla, Forni Guido, Morrison Sherie L, Penichet Manuel L Protein vaccination with the HER2/neu extracellular domain plus anti-HER2/neu antibody-cytokine fusion proteins induces a protective anti-HER2/neu immune response in mice Vaccine, 2003; 21(13-14): 1317-26.
- Ng Patrick P, Dela Cruz Jay S, Sorour David N, Stinebaugh James M, Shin Seung-Uon, Shin Daniel S, Morrison Sherie L, Penichet Manuel L An anti-transferrin receptor-avidin fusion protein exhibits both strong proapoptotic activity and the ability to deliver various molecules into cancer cells Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2002; 99(16): 10706-11.
- Westin Kwon Katherine, Lendvai Nikoletta, Morrison Sherie, Trinh K Ryan, Casadevall Arturo Biological activity of a mouse-human chimeric immunoglobulin G2 antibody to Cryptococcus neoformans polysaccharide Clinical and diagnostic laboratory immunology, 2002; 9(1): 201-4.
- Morrison Sherie L Cloning, expression, and modification of antibody V regions Current protocols in immunology / edited by John E. Coligan … [et al.], 2002; Chapter 2(16): Unit 2.12.
- Chintalacharuvu Koteswara R, Yu Li J, Bhola Nishant, Kobayashi Kunihiko, Fernandez Christine Z, Morrison Sherie L Cysteine residues required for the attachment of the light chain in human IgA2 Journal of immunology (Baltimore, Md. : 1950), 2002; 169(9): 5072-7.
- MontaÃ±o Ramon F, Morrison Sherie L Influence of the isotype of the light chain on the properties of IgG Journal of immunology (Baltimore, Md. : 1950), 2002; 168(1): 224-31.
- Yoo Esther M, Chintalacharuvu Koteswara R, Penichet Manuel L, Morrison Sherie L Myeloma expression systems Journal of immunological methods, 2002; 261(1-2): 1-20.
- Morrison Sherie L, Mohammed Mansoor S, Wims Letitia A, Trinh Ryan, Etches Robert Sequences in antibody molecules important for receptor-mediated transport into the chicken egg yolk Molecular immunology, 2002; 38(8): 619-25.
- Montano RF, Morrison SL The isotype of the light chain can influence the properties of IgG, J. Immunol, 2002; 168: 224-231.
- Gala Francoise A, Morrison Sherie L The role of constant region carbohydrate in the assembly and secretion of human IgD and IgA1 The Journal of biological chemistry, 2002; 277(32): 29005-11.
- Penichet ML, Dela Cruz JS, Challita-Eid PM, Rosenblatt JD, Morrison SL A murine B cell lymphoma expressing human HER2 / neu undergoes spontaneous tumor regression and elicits antitumor immunity Cancer Immunol Immunother, 2001; 49(12): 649-62.
- Penichet ML, Dela Cruz JS, Shin SU, Morrison SL A recombinant IgG3-(IL-2) fusion protein for the treatment of human HER2/neu expressing tumors Hum Antibodies, 2001; 10(1): 43-9.
- Penichet ML, Morrison SL Antibody-cytokine fusion proteins for the therapy of cancer J Immunol Methods, 2001; 248(1-2): 91-101.
- Chintalacharuvu KR, Vuong LU, Loi LA, Larrick JW, Morrison SL Hybrid IgA2/IgG1 antibodies with tailor-made effector functions Clinical immunology (Orlando, Fla.) , 2001; 101(1): 21-31.
- Peng LS, Penichet ML, Dela Cruz JS, Sampogna SL, Morrison SL Mechanism of antitumor activity of a single-chain interleukin-12 IgG3 antibody fusion protein (mscIL-12.her2.IgG3) Journal of interferon & cytokine research : the official journal of the International Society for Interferon and Cytokine Research. , 2001; 21(9): 709-20.
- Zhang H, Lu S, Morrison SL, Tomlinson S Targeting of functional antibody-decay-accelerating factor fusion proteins to a cell surface J Biol Chem, 2001; 276(29): 27290-5.
- Wright A, Sato Y, Okada T, Chang K, Endo T, Morrison S In vivo trafficking and catabolism of IgG1 antibodies with Fc associated carbohydrates of differing structure Glycobiology. , 2000; 10(12): 1347-55.
- Dela Cruz JS, Trinh KR, Morrison SL, Penichet ML Recombinant anti-human HER2/neu IgG3-(GM-CSF) fusion protein retains antigen specificity, cytokine function and demonstrates anti-tumor activity, J. Immunol, 2000; 165: 5112-5121.
- Mateo C, Lombardero J, Moreno E, Morales A, Bombino G, Coloma J, Wims L, Morrison SL, Perez R Removal of amphipathic epitopes from genetically engineered antibodies: production of modified immunoglobulins with reduced immunogenicity Hybridoma, 2000; 19(6): 463-71.
- Trinh KR, Morrison SL Site-specific and directional gene replacement mediated by Cre recombinase Journal of immunological methods. , 2000; 244(1-2): 185-93.
- Rifai A, Fadden K, Morrison SL, Chintalacharuvu KR The N-glycans determine the differential blood clearance and hepatic uptake of human immunoglobulin (Ig)A1 and IgA2 isotypes The Journal of experimental medicine. , 2000; 191(12): 2171-82.
- Chan LA, Lyczak JB, Zhang K, Morrison SL, Saxon A The novel human IgE epsilon heavy chain, epsilon tailpiece, is present in plasma as part of a covalent complex Molecular immunology. , 2000; 37(5): 241-52.
- Coloma MJ, Clift A, Wims L, Morrison SL The role of carbohydrate in the assembly and function of polymeric IgG Molecular immunology. , 2000; 37(18): 1081-90.
- Coloma MJ, Lee HJ, Kurihara A, Landaw EM, Boado RJ, Morrison SL, Pardridge WM Transport across the primate blood-brain barrier of a genetically engineered chimeric monoclonal antibody to the human insulin receptor Pharmaceutical research. , 2000; 17(3): 266-74.
- Peng LS, Penichet ML, Morrison SL A single-chain IL-12 IgG3 antibody fusion protein retains antibody specificity and IL-12 bioactivity and demonstrates antitumor activity Journal of immunology (Baltimore, Md. : 1950) , 1999; 163(1): 250-8.
- Penichet ML, Kang YS, Pardridge WM, Morrison SL, Shin SU An antibody-avidin fusion protein specific for the transferrin receptor serves as a delivery vehicle for effective brain targeting: initial applications in anti-HIV antisense drug delivery to the brain J Immunol, 1999; 163(8): 4421-6.
- Berson AE, Young C, Morrison SL, Fujii GH, Sheung J, Wu B, Bolen JB, Burkhardt AL Identification and characterization of a myristylated and palmitylated serine/threonine protein kinase Biochemical and biophysical research communications. , 1999; 259(3): 533-8.
- Penichet ML, Challita PM, Shin SU, Sampogna SL, Rosenblatt JD, Morrison SL In vivo properties of three human HER2/neu-expressing murine cell lines in immunocompetent mice Lab Anim Sci, 1999; 49(2): 179-88.
- Coloma MJ, Trinh RK, Martinez AR, Morrison SL Position effects of variable region carbohydrate on the affinity and in vivo behavior of an anti-(1–>6) dextran antibody J Immunol, 1999; 162(4): 2162-70.
- Chintalacharuvu KR, Morrison SL Production and characterization of recombinant IgA Immunotechnology, 1999; 4(3-4): 165-74.
- Yoo EM, Coloma MJ, Trinh KR, Nguyen TQ, Vuong LU, Morrison SL, Chintalacharuvu KR Structural requirements for polymeric immunoglobulin assembly and association with J chain The Journal of biological chemistry. , 1999; 274(47): 33771-7.
- Zhang HF, Yu J, Bajwa E, Morrison SL, Tomlinson S Targeting of functional antibody-CD59 fusion proteins to a cell surface J Clin Invest, 1999; 103(1): 55-61.
- Bonagura VR, Kwong T, Kenny T, Robbins DL, Morrison SL The specificity of synovial IgM rheumatoid factors (RF) for genetically engineered IgG antibodies is not affected by the method used to immortalize RF-producing B cells Scand J Immunol, 1999; 49(1): 106-11.
- Wright A and Morrison SL Effect of CH2-associated carbohydrate structure on Ig effector function: Studies with chimeric mouse-human IgG1 antibodies in glycosylation mutants of Chinese hamster ovary cells, J. Immunol, 1998; 160: 3393-3402.
- Chintalacharuvu KW and Morrison SL . Production of secretory immunoglobulin A by a single mammalian cell, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci, 1997; 94: 6364-6368.
- Smith RIF, Coloma MJ and Morrison SL Addition of a m-tailpiece to IgG Results in Polymeric Antibodies with Enhanced Effector Functions Including Complement Mediated, J. Immunol, 1995; 154: 2226-2236.
- Yamada Douglas H, Elsaesser Heidi, Lux Anja, Timmerman John M, Morrison Sherie L, de la Torre Juan Carlos, Nimmerjahn Falk, Brooks David G Suppression of FcÎ³-receptor-mediated antibody effector function during persistent viral infection Immunity, 2015; 42(2): 379-90.
- Young Patricia A, Morrison Sherie L, Timmerman John M Antibody-cytokine fusion proteins for treatment of cancer: engineering cytokines for improved efficacy and safety Seminars in oncology, 2014; 41(5): 623-36.
- Vasuthasawat Alex, Yoo Esther M, Trinh Kham R, Lichtenstein Alan, Timmerman John M, Morrison Sherie L Targeted immunotherapy using anti-CD138-interferon Î± fusion proteins and bortezomib results in synergistic protection against multiple myeloma mAbs, 2016; 1-12.
- Yoo Esther M, Trinh Kham R, Tran Danh, Vasuthasawat Alex, Zhang Juan, Hoang Bao, Lichtenstein Alan, Morrison Sherie L Anti-CD138-targeted interferon is a potent therapeutic against multiple myeloma Journal of interferon & cytokine research : the official journal of the International Society for Interferon and Cytokine Research, 2015; 35(4): 281-91.