456 Boyer Hall
Assistant Professor, Chemistry and Biochemistry
Member, Bioinformatics GPB Home Area, Cell & Developmental Biology GPB Home Area
I am an Assistant Professor at UCLA in the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department. I was previously a member of the Advanced Technology Team in the Synthetic Biology Platform at the Wyss Institute. I was a postdoc in George Church’s lab in the Department of Genetics at Harvard Medical School and the Wyss Institute from 2009-2011. From 2007-2009, I was the first employee of a biofuel startup called Joule Unlimited. I got my ScD in Biological Engineering at MIT in Drew Endy’s lab and worked on understanding the development of a simple virus (T7) that infects E. coli.
A selected list of publications:
- Bonde Mads T, Kosuri Sriram, Genee Hans J, Sarup-Lytzen Kira, Church George M, Sommer Morten O A, Wang Harris H Direct Mutagenesis of Thousands of Genomic Targets Using Microarray-Derived Oligonucleotides ACS synthetic biology, 2014; .
- Kosuri Sriram, Church George M Large-scale de novo DNA synthesis: technologies and applications Nature methods, 2014; 11(5): 499-507.
- Goodman Daniel B, Church George M, Kosuri Sriram Causes and effects of N-terminal codon bias in bacterial genes Science (New York, N.Y.), 2013; 342(6157): 475-9.
- Mali Prashant, Aach John, Stranges P Benjamin, Esvelt Kevin M, Moosburner Mark, Kosuri Sriram, Yang Luhan, Church George M CAS9 transcriptional activators for target specificity screening and paired nickases for cooperative genome engineering Nature biotechnology, 2013; 31(9): 833-8.
- Kosuri Sriram, Goodman Daniel B, Cambray Guillaume, Mutalik Vivek K, Gao Yuan, Arkin Adam P, Endy Drew, Church George M Composability of regulatory sequences controlling transcription and translation in Escherichia coli Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2013; 110(34): 14024-9.