Member, Bioinformatics GPB Home Area, Genetics & Genomics GPB Home Area
My interests lie at the interface of computer science, statistics and biology. I am interested in developing novel statistical models and efficient inference algorithms to analyze large-scale genomic data with the aim of understanding evolutionary processes as well as the genetic basis of complex phenoytpes. I am also interested in the statistical and inferential challenges that arise in making sense of genomic data.
A selected list of publications:
- Palamara Pier Francesco, Francioli Laurent C, Wilton Peter R, Genovese Giulio, Gusev Alexander, Finucane Hilary K, Sankararaman Sriram, Sankararaman Sriram, Sunyaev Shamil R, de Bakker Paul I W, Wakeley John, Pe’er Itsik, Price Alkes L Leveraging Distant Relatedness to Quantify Human Mutation and Gene-Conversion Rates American journal of human genetics, 2015; 97(6): 775-89.
- Lipson Mark, Loh Po-Ru, Sankararaman Sriram, Patterson Nick, Berger Bonnie, Reich David Calibrating the Human Mutation Rate via Ancestral Recombination Density in Diploid Genomes PLoS genetics, 2015; 11(11): e1005550.
- Zou James Y, Park Danny S, Burchard Esteban G, Torgerson Dara G, Pino-Yanes Maria, Song Yun S, Sankararaman Sriram, Halperin Eran, Zaitlen Noah Genetic and socioeconomic study of mate choice in Latinos reveals novel assortment patterns Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2015; 112(44): 13621-6.
- Racimo Fernando, Sankararaman Sriram, Nielsen Rasmus, Huerta-SÃ¡nchez Emilia Evidence for archaic adaptive introgression in humans Nature reviews. Genetics, 2015; 16(6): 359-71.
- Zou James Y, Halperin Eran, Burchard Esteban, Sankararaman Sriram Inferring parental genomic ancestries using pooled semi-Markov processes Bioinformatics (Oxford, England), 2015; 31(12): i190-6.
- Zaitlen Noah, Pasaniuc Bogdan, Sankararaman Sriram, Bhatia Gaurav, Zhang Jianqi, Gusev Alexander, Young Taylor, Tandon Arti, Pollack Samuela, VilhjÃ¡lmsson Bjarni J, Assimes Themistocles L, Berndt Sonja I, Blot William J, Chanock Stephen, Franceschini Nora, Goodman Phyllis G, He Jing, Hennis Anselm J M, Hsing Ann, Ingles Sue A, Isaacs William, Kittles Rick A, Klein Eric A, Lange Leslie A, Nemesure Barbara, Patterson Nick, Reich David, Rybicki Benjamin A, Stanford Janet L, Stevens Victoria L, Strom Sara S, Whitsel Eric A, Witte John S, Xu Jianfeng, Haiman Christopher, Wilson James G, Kooperberg Charles, Stram Daniel, Reiner Alex P, Tang Hua, Price Alkes L Leveraging population admixture to characterize the heritability of complex traits Nature genetics, 2014; 46(12): 1356-62.