Member, Medical Informatics GPB Home Area, Molecular, Cellular & Integrative Physiology GPB Home Area
Dr. Xinxing Kong is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. After completing her PhD from Peking Union Medical College, the top medical school in China, she completed a postdoctoral fellowship at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School. Her research is focused on the transcriptional pathways that underlie metabolic diseases such as obesity and type 2 diabetes, with a specific investigation of the role of IRF4 in thermogenesis.
A selected list of publications:
- Kong Xingxing, Yao Ting, Zhou Peng, Kazak Lawrence, Tenen Danielle, Lyubetskaya Anna, Dawes Brian A, Tsai Linus, Kahn Barbara B, Spiegelman Bruce M, Liu Tiemin, Rosen Evan D Brown Adipose Tissue Controls Skeletal Muscle Function via the Secretion of Myostatin Cell metabolism, 2018; 28(4): 631-643.e3.
- Williams Kevin W, Liu Tiemin, Kong Xingxing, Fukuda Makoto, Deng Yingfeng, Berglund Eric D, Deng Zhuo, Gao Yong, Liu Tianya, Sohn Jong-Woo, Jia Lin, Fujikawa Teppei, Kohno Daisuke, Scott Michael M, Lee Syann, Lee Charlotte E, Sun Kai, Chang Yongsheng, Scherer Philipp E, Elmquist Joel K Xbp1s in Pomc neurons connects ER stress with energy balance and glucose homeostasis Cell metabolism, 2014; 20(3): 471-82.
- Kong Xingxing, Banks Alexander, Liu Tiemin, Kazak Lawrence, Rao Rajesh R, Cohen Paul, Wang Xun, Yu Songtao, Lo James C, Tseng Yu-Hua, Cypess Aaron M, Xue Ruidan, Kleiner Sandra, Kang Sona, Spiegelman Bruce M, Rosen Evan D IRF4 is a key thermogenic transcriptional partner of PGC-1α Cell, 2014; 158(1): 69-83.
- Berglund Eric D, Liu Tiemin, Kong Xingxing, Sohn Jong-Woo, Vong Linh, Deng Zhuo, Lee Charlotte E, Lee Syann, Williams Kevin W, Olson David P, Scherer Philipp E, Lowell Bradford B, Elmquist Joel K Melanocortin 4 receptors in autonomic neurons regulate thermogenesis and glycemia Nature neuroscience, 2014; 17(7): 911-3.
- Eguchi Jun, Kong Xingxing, Tenta Masafumi, Wang Xun, Kang Sona, Rosen Evan D Interferon regulatory factor 4 regulates obesity-induced inflammation through regulation of adipose tissue macrophage polarization Diabetes, 2013; 62(10): 3394-403.