Application, including all supplemental materials, are due February 4, 2022 at 5pm PST.
How to apply
- Submit UCLA SPUR online application form, and select Summer Programs for Undergraduate Research: Life and Biomedical Sciences (SPUR-LABS) as the summer program.
- Send the following items (1-5) as a SINGLE PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Application [your last name, first name] (e.g., Application Jones, Mary)
- Your name, undergraduate institution, and current class year (e.g. junior, senior), GPA, and list any undergraduate research programs you have participated in
- Indicate whether you are applying for the eight week or ten week option
- List, in order of preference, up to three of the following research training areas and five faculty members with whom you are interested in training
- Biochemistry, Biophysics, & Structural Biology
- Cell & Developmental Biology
- Gene Regulation
- Genetics & Genomics
- Immunity, Microbes & Molecular Pathogenesis
- Molecular, Cellular & Integrative Physiology
- Molecular Pharmacology
- Physics & Biology in Medicine
- Personal statement that uses the following headers and that answers the associated prompts (2 pages maximum, 12-point font)Academic and career goals
Describe why you are interested in the UCLA SPUR LABS program, your education and career goals, and how this summer program will help you achieve those goals.Research experience, accomplishments, and interest
Describe your prior research experience and accomplishments, your current bioscience research interest, and other relevant personal or professional experiences.
Address ways in which your personal background, experiences, and/or accomplishments contribute to diversity, inclusion, and the elimination of barriers to participation in bioscience research careers.
- Unofficial or official copy of most recent academic transcript
- Request two letters of recommendation from science faculty: letters should be signed on university letterhead, scanned, and sent by the recommender to email@example.com by the deadline, preferred subject line: LOR [applicant last name, first name] (e.g., LOR Smith, Tom)