The instructions that follow will lead you through the process of applying for admission to a Home Area. You should also refer as needed to general admission information and information for international applicants provided by the UCLA Graduate Division.
For questions about the application process, contact the Home Area that is receiving your application.
When you are ready to apply, click here to launch the online UCLA Application for Graduate Admission.
What to expect in the online UCLA Application for Graduate Admissions
In the online application you will…
- Select the Home Area to receive your application
- Provide contact information
- Indicate your plans for graduate study
- Submit biographical and citizenship data
- Describe your academic history and upload unofficial copies of your academic transcript(s)
- Report your scores on required tests (if available at the time)
- Indicate your eligibility for certain UCLA-specific graduate fellowship opportunities
- Describe your professional experience
- Upload your statement of purpose
- Request letters of recommendation from three individuals
- Submit a personal history statement
- Indicate additional Home Area interests, faculty interests, research experience, and extramural fellowship support
- Pay the application fee or submit your fee waiver request
- Submit the application
As part of the process you will create an account, which will allow you to complete the application over multiple sessions. If you are working on your application over multiple sessions, you will be able to view your in-progress application on the Dashboard. You must provide all the required information in order for your application to be reviewed.
Important instructions and tips about sections of the application are provided below.