Professional Development Resources
Check out our Professional Development Event Calendar
Campus Resources and Services:
GSRC – For all graduate student questions
Graduate Student Resource Center (GSRC): The central hub and reference center for all things grad; the GSRC connects you to the resources you need and helps you find the answers to questions about navigating the institution. You can check out their Graduate Student Resources page to see the plethora of support for you on campus.
The Career Center – For professional and career support
Graduate Career Services (GCS) at the UCLA Career Center: Offers a wide range of career resources and services, such as one-on-one career counseling, professional development conferences, workshops, job fairs, and on campus recruiting. Services such as general and discipline-specific Graduate Student Career Conferences and professional development workshops, specifically focused on graduate students and offer preparation for academic or non-academic careers paths.
- Handshake: An extensive professional development website that offers insight and expertise on career preparation for graduate students and postdoctoral scholars. An essential source for events, workshops, and speakers geared towards the career development of graduate students and postdoctoral scholars across campus.
- Individual Development Plan (IDP): An online career-planning tool to help students assess skills and interest, identify academic and career goals and develop a step-by-step plan to accomplish them.
- UCLA Career Preparation Toolkit: A guide for graduate students and postdoctoral scholars that provides both guidance about how to create a career road map and practical tools for getting jobs and building successful careers.
GWC – For writing support
Graduate Writing Center (GWC): The Graduate Writing Center offers a variety of workshops and programs throughout the year in addition to free 1:1 writing consultations. GWC is located within the Graduate Student Resource Center.
CEILS – For teaching support
Center for Education, Innovation & Learning in the Sciences (CEILS): A collaborative community of instructors committed to advancing teaching excellence, assessment, diversity, and scholarship, resulting in the enhancement of student learning experiences in the Life and Physical Sciences. Activities designed to advance Ph.D. student teaching skills include the STEM Education Research Journal Club, Career Development resources, and the Teaching Assistant Training Initiative.
- Professional Development and COVID 19 Resources/Support
- Career Preparation Toolkit
- Graduate Writing Center, Workshops, Programs and Resources
- Graduate Writing Center Writing Consultation Appointments
- Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning (CIRTL)
The CIRTL@UCLA program supports the professional and career development of graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, and current faculty who are engaged in teaching now, or who are considering academic careers.
- DGSOM Behavioral Wellness Center
Services include psychiatric consultation, psychotherapy, wellness programming, and community based services for biomedical graduate students. This new portal includes an information page with the resource guide, graduate student FAQs (coming soon), and graduate student related campus announcements
- GPB Calendar of events.