Bioscience Scholars Program
The UCLA Bioscience Scholars Summer Program (BSP; formerly SPUR-LABS) is one of several programs comprising UCLA Summer Programs for Undergraduate Research (SPUR). BSP provides a rigorous research training experience for undergraduates with interests in a broad range of bioscience disciplines—from molecules to organisms and from basic to translational science. Exceptional research training integrated with professional development activities prepares students to succeed in leading Ph.D. and M.D./Ph.D. programs.
Benefits of the Program
- Hands-on research experience mentored by an outstanding UCLA faculty member
- Training in a world-class research environment that includes medical school and college bioscience programs close together on one campus
- Academic and professional development advising
- Weekly seminars and workshops on career skills including science writing and presenting
- Science writing skills tutor for developing an abstract to submit to national conferences
- Individualized guidance on applying to graduate school
- Networking with bioscience students and faculty
Check out our BSP highlights and take a look at the type of research previous students have conducted!