Catherine Marie Cahill
Professor-in-Residence, Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California Los Angeles
675 Charles E Young Drive South, Office 2760/lab 2609
Mail Code: 175919
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Dr. Cahill’s research aims to understand the neurobiology of chronic pain and seeks novel ways to alleviate it. She also studies how chronic pain changes the brain, especially in areas known to be important for emotion, fear and motivation. A further emphasis of her research is on opioid addiciton, especially identifying suceptibilities and changes in the brain that are associated with occurrence of chronic pain.
Catherine M. Cahill, Ph.D. trained as an opioid neuropharmaoclogist at Dalhousie University, Canada receiving her PhD in 1996. She was recruited to the Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Care at University of California Irvine in 2012 from Queen’s University in Canada where she held a Canada Research Chair in Chronic Pain for 10 years. She moved to UCLA in 2017 and is now a Professor in the Department of Psychiatry & Biobehavioral Sciences and a member of the Hatos Center for Neuropharmacology at the University of California Los Angeles.
She has more than 25 years experience in research that focuses on understanding mechanisms of chronic pain and opioid analgesia, tolerance, dependence and addiction. Her research spans both basic science and human research, which focuses on how chronic pain states modulate reward circuitry and changes dopaminergic transmission responsible for motivated behavior. A large emphasis of her research focuses on understanding the processes that influence the positive and negative reinforcement and changes in mesolimbic circuitry in order to identify novel treatment strategies for opioid dependence and chronic pain.
Dr. Cahill’s research is supported by the National Institutes of Drug abuse, the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, the National Institute of Aging, the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, the Department of Defense and the Shirley and Stefan Hatos Foundation.
- Dagher M, Cahill CM, Evans CJ. Opioid Systems and Depression: The Relationship Is Strengthening.. Biological psychiatry, 2022.
- Nieto SJ, Grodin EN, Burnette EM, Cahill CM, Ray LA. Pain Catastrophizing Is Associated With Increased Alcohol Cue-Elicited Neural Activity Among Individuals With Alcohol Use Disorder.. Alcohol and alcoholism (Oxford, Oxfordshire), 2022.
- Wuli W, Lin SZ, Chen SP, Tannous BA, Huang WS, Woon PY, Wu YC, Yang HH, Chen YC, Fleming RL, Rogers JT, Cahill CM, Ho TJ, Chiou TW, Harn HJ. Targeting PSEN1 by lnc-CYP3A43-2/miR-29b-2-5p to Reduce β Amyloid Plaque Formation and Improve Cognition Function.. International journal of molecular sciences, 2022.
- La-Vu MQ, Sethi E, Maesta-Pereira S, Schuette PJ, Tobias BC, Reis FMCV, Wang W, Torossian A, Bishop A, Leonard SJ, Lin L, Cahill CM, Adhikari A. Sparse genetically defined neurons refine the canonical role of periaqueductal gray columnar organization.. eLife, 2022.
- Cahill C, Tejeda HA, Spetea M, Chen C, Liu-Chen LY. Fundamentals of the Dynorphins/Kappa Opioid Receptor System: From Distribution to Signaling and Function.. Handbook of experimental pharmacology, 2022.
- Cahill CM, Lueptow L, Kim H, Shusharla R, Bishop A, Evans CJ. Kappa Opioid Signaling at the Crossroads of Chronic Pain and Opioid Addiction.. Handbook of experimental pharmacology, 2022.
- Lee AS, Tiwari S, Bishop I, Matossian V, Romaneschi N, Miyazaki T, VanderVeen L, Zalevsky J, DeFea K, Cahill CM, Walwyn WM. In vivo and in vitro Characterization of a Partial Mu Opioid Receptor Agonist, NKTR-181, Supports Future Therapeutic Development.. Frontiers in pain research (Lausanne, Switzerland), 2021.
- Cameron CM, Nieto S, Bosler L, Wong M, Bishop I, Mooney L, Cahill CM. Mechanisms Underlying the Anti-Suicidal Treatment Potential of Buprenorphine.. Advances in drug and alcohol research, 2021.
- Wang W, Schuette PJ, Nagai J, Tobias BC, Cuccovia V Reis FM, Ji S, de Lima MAX, La-Vu MQ, Maesta-Pereira S, Chakerian M, Leonard SJ, Lin L, Severino AL, Cahill CM, Canteras NS, Khakh BS, Kao JC, Adhikari A. Coordination of escape and spatial navigation circuits orchestrates versatile flight from threats.. Neuron, 2021.
- Wilson-Poe AR, Wiese B, Kibaly C, Lueptow L, Garcia J, Anand P, Cahill C, Morón JA. Effects of inflammatory pain on CB1 receptor in the midbrain periaqueductal gray.. Pain reports, 2021.
- Massaly N, Markovic T, Creed M, Al-Hasani R, Cahill CM, Moron JA. Pain, negative affective states and opioid-based analgesics: Safer pain therapies to dampen addiction.. International review of neurobiology, 2021.
- Kibaly C, Alderete JA, Liu SH, Nasef HS, Law PY, Evans CJ, Cahill CM. Oxycodone in the Opioid Epidemic: High 'Liking', 'Wanting', and Abuse Liability.. Cellular and molecular neurobiology, 2020.
- Cahill CM, Aleyadeh R, Gao J, Wang C, Rogers JT. Alpha-Synuclein in Alcohol Use Disorder, Connections with Parkinson's Disease and Potential Therapeutic Role of 5' Untranslated Region-Directed Small Molecules.. Biomolecules, 2020.
- Nieto SJ, Green R, Grodin EN, Cahill CM, Ray LA. Pain catastrophizing predicts alcohol craving in heavy drinkers independent of pain intensity.. Drug and alcohol dependence, 2020.
- Liu W, Xin Y, Li Q, Shang Y, Ping Z, Min J, Cahill CM, Rogers JT, Wang F. Biomarkers of environmental manganese exposure and associations with childhood neurodevelopment: a systematic review and meta-analysis.. Environmental health : a global access science source, 2020.
- Lueptow LM, Shashkova EC, Miller MG, Evans CJ, Cahill CM. Insights into the Neurobiology of Craving in Opioid Use Disorder.. Current anesthesiology reports, 2020.
- Severino AL, Mittal N, Hakimian JK, Velarde N, Minasyan A, Albert R, Torres C, Romaneschi N, Johnston C, Tiwari S, Lee AS, Taylor AM, Gavériaux-Ruff C, Kieffer BL, Evans CJ, Cahill CM, Walwyn WM. μ-Opioid Receptors on Distinct Neuronal Populations Mediate Different Aspects of Opioid Reward-Related Behaviors.. eNeuro, 2020.
- Huang AY, Taylor AMW, Ghogha A, Pribadi M, Wang Q, Kim TSJ, Cahill CM, Coppola G, Evans CJ. Genetic and functional analysis of a Pacific hagfish opioid system.. Journal of neuroscience research, 2020.
- Rogers JT, Cahill CM. Iron-responsive-like elements and neurodegenerative ferroptosis.. Learning & memory (Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.), 2020.
- Cahill CM, Holdridge SV, Liu SS, Xue L, Magnussen C, Ong E, Grenier P, Sutherland A, Olmstead MC. Delta opioid receptor activation modulates affective pain and modality-specific pain hypersensitivity associated with chronic neuropathic pain.. Journal of neuroscience research, 2020.
- Degrandmaison J, Abdallah K, Blais V, Génier S, Lalumière MP, Bergeron F, Cahill CM, Boulter J, Lavoie CL, Parent JL, Gendron L. In vivo mapping of a GPCR interactome using knockin mice.. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2020.
- Cahill CM. Opioid dose regimen shapes mesolimbic adaptations.. Neuropsychopharmacology : official publication of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology, 2020.
- Mou X, Pilozzi A, Tailor B, Yi J, Cahill C, Rogers J, Huang X. Exposure to CuO Nanoparticles Mediates NFκB Activation and Enhances Amyloid Precursor Protein Expression.. Biomedicines, 2020.
- Grenier P, Mailhiot MC, Cahill CM, Olmstead MC. Blockade of dopamine D1 receptors in male rats disrupts morphine reward in pain naïve but not in chronic pain states.. Journal of neuroscience research, 2019.
- Kisby B, Jarrell JT, Agar ME, Cohen DS, Rosin ER, Cahill CM, Rogers JT, Huang X. Alzheimer's Disease and Its Potential Alternative Therapeutics.. Journal of Alzheimer's disease & Parkinsonism, 2019.
- Hakimian JK, Dong TS, Barahona JA, Lagishetty V, Tiwari S, Azani D, Barrera M, Lee S, Severino AL, Mittal N, Cahill CM, Jacobs JP, Walwyn WM. Dietary Supplementation with Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Reduces Opioid-Seeking Behaviors and Alters the Gut Microbiome.. Nutrients, 2019.
- Massaly N, Copits BA, Wilson-Poe AR, Hipólito L, Markovic T, Yoon HJ, Liu S, Walicki MC, Bhatti DL, Sirohi S, Klaas A, Walker BM, Neve R, Cahill CM, Shoghi KI, Gereau RW, McCall JG, Al-Hasani R, Bruchas MR, Morón JA. Pain-Induced Negative Affect Is Mediated via Recruitment of The Nucleus Accumbens Kappa Opioid System.. Neuron, 2019.
- Liu SS, Pickens S, Burma NE, Ibarra-Lecue I, Yang H, Xue L, Cook C, Hakimian JK, Severino AL, Lueptow L, Komarek K, Taylor AMW, Olmstead MC, Carroll FI, Bass CE, Andrews AM, Walwyn W, Trang T, Evans CJ, Leslie FM, Cahill CM. Kappa Opioid Receptors Drive a Tonic Aversive Component of Chronic Pain.. The Journal of neuroscience : the official journal of the Society for Neuroscience, 2019.
- Rogers JT, Xia N, Wong A, Bakshi R, Cahill CM. Targeting the Iron-Response Elements of the mRNAs for the Alzheimer's Amyloid Precursor Protein and Ferritin to Treat Acute Lead and Manganese Neurotoxicity.. International journal of molecular sciences, 2019.
- Kibaly C, Xu C, Cahill CM, Evans CJ, Law PY. Non-nociceptive roles of opioids in the CNS: opioids' effects on neurogenesis, learning, memory and affect.. Nature reviews. Neuroscience, 2019.
- Comer SD, Cahill CM. Fentanyl: Receptor pharmacology, abuse potential, and implications for treatment.. Neuroscience and biobehavioral reviews, 2018.
- Venkataramani V, Doeppner TR, Willkommen D, Cahill CM, Xin Y, Ye G, Liu Y, Southon A, Aron A, Au-Yeung HY, Huang X, Lahiri DK, Wang F, Bush AI, Wulf GG, Ströbel P, Michalke B, Rogers JT. Manganese causes neurotoxic iron accumulation via translational repression of amyloid precursor protein and H-Ferritin.. Journal of neurochemistry, 2018.
- Grenier P, Wiercigroch D, Olmstead MC, Cahill CM. Dissociation between morphine-induced spinal gliosis and analgesic tolerance by ultra-low-dose α2-adrenergic and cannabinoid CB1-receptor antagonists.. Behavioural pharmacology, 2018.
- Cahill CM, Ong E. Evidence and Function Relevance of Native DOR-MOR Heteromers.. Handbook of experimental pharmacology, 2018.
- Gao J, Cahill CM, Huang X, Roffman JL, Lamon-Fava S, Fava M, Mischoulon D, Rogers JT. S-Adenosyl Methionine and Transmethylation Pathways in Neuropsychiatric Diseases Throughout Life.. Neurotherapeutics : the journal of the American Society for Experimental NeuroTherapeutics, 2018.
- Taylor AMW, Cahill CM. Editorial: Modulation of Reward Circuitry by Pain and Stress.. Frontiers in psychiatry, 2017.
- Burma NE, Bonin RP, Leduc-Pessah H, Baimel C, Cairncross ZF, Mousseau M, Shankara JV, Stemkowski PL, Baimoukhametova D, Bains JS, Antle MC, Zamponi GW, Cahill CM, Borgland SL, DeKoninck Y, Trang T. Erratum: Blocking microglial pannexin-1 channels alleviates morphine withdrawal in rodents.. Nature medicine, 2017.
- Burma NE, Bonin RP, Leduc-Pessah H, Baimel C, Cairncross ZF, Mousseau M, Shankara JV, Stemkowski PL, Baimoukhametova D, Bains JS, Antle MC, Zamponi GW, Cahill CM, Borgland SL, De Koninck Y, Trang T. Blocking microglial pannexin-1 channels alleviates morphine withdrawal in rodents.. Nature medicine, 2017.
- Cahill CM, Taylor AM. Neuroinflammation-a co-occurring phenomenon linking chronic pain and opioid dependence.. Current opinion in behavioral sciences, 2017.
- Cahill CM, Walwyn W, Taylor AMW, Pradhan AAA, Evans CJ. Allostatic Mechanisms of Opioid Tolerance Beyond Desensitization and Downregulation.. Trends in pharmacological sciences, 2016.
- Taylor AM, Mehrabani S, Liu S, Taylor AJ, Cahill CM. Topography of microglial activation in sensory- and affect-related brain regions in chronic pain.. Journal of neuroscience research, 2016.
- Rogers JT, Venkataramani V, Washburn C, Liu Y, Tummala V, Jiang H, Smith A, Cahill CM. A role for amyloid precursor protein translation to restore iron homeostasis and ameliorate lead (Pb) neurotoxicity.. Journal of neurochemistry, 2016.
- Evans CJ, Cahill CM. Neurobiology of opioid dependence in creating addiction vulnerability.. F1000Research, 2016.
- Gendron L, Cahill CM, von Zastrow M, Schiller PW, Pineyro G. Molecular Pharmacology of δ-Opioid Receptors.. Pharmacological reviews, 2016.
- Taylor AMW, Becker S, Schweinhardt P, Cahill C. Mesolimbic dopamine signaling in acute and chronic pain: implications for motivation, analgesia, and addiction.. Pain, 2016.
- Cahill CM, Zhu W, Oziolor E, Yang YJ, Tam B, Rajanala S, Rogers JT, Walker WA. Differential Expression of the Activator Protein 1 Transcription Factor Regulates Interleukin-1ß Induction of Interleukin 6 in the Developing Enterocyte.. PloS one, 2016.
- Trang T, Al-Hasani R, Salvemini D, Salter MW, Gutstein H, Cahill CM. Pain and Poppies: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of Opioid Analgesics.. The Journal of neuroscience : the official journal of the Society for Neuroscience, 2015.
- Taylor AM, Castonguay A, Ghogha A, Vayssiere P, Pradhan AA, Xue L, Mehrabani S, Wu J, Levitt P, Olmstead MC, De Koninck Y, Evans CJ, Cahill CM. Neuroimmune Regulation of GABAergic Neurons Within the Ventral Tegmental Area During Withdrawal from Chronic Morphine.. Neuropsychopharmacology : official publication of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology, 2015.
- Ong E, Cahill C. Tracking Drug-induced Changes in Receptor Post-internalization Trafficking by Colocalizational Analysis.. Journal of visualized experiments : JoVE, 2015.
- Taylor AM, Castonguay A, Taylor AJ, Murphy NP, Ghogha A, Cook C, Xue L, Olmstead MC, De Koninck Y, Evans CJ, Cahill CM. Microglia disrupt mesolimbic reward circuitry in chronic pain.. The Journal of neuroscience : the official journal of the Society for Neuroscience, 2015.
- Henry RA, Morales A, Cahill CM. Beyond a Simple Anesthetic Effect: Lidocaine in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Interstitial Cystitis/bladder Pain Syndrome.. Urology, 2015.
- Wu W, Rahman MN, Guo J, Roy N, Xue L, Cahill CM, Zhang S, Jia Z. Function coupling of otoferlin with GAD65 acts to modulate GABAergic activity.. Journal of molecular cell biology, 2015.
- Montrose L, Noonan CW, Cho YH, Lee J, Harley J, O'Hara T, Cahill C, Ward TJ. Evaluating the effect of ambient particulate pollution on DNA methylation in Alaskan sled dogs: potential applications for a sentinel model of human health.. The Science of the total environment, 2015.
- Cahill CM, Taylor AM, Cook C, Ong E, Morón JA, Evans CJ. Does the kappa opioid receptor system contribute to pain aversion?. Frontiers in pharmacology, 2014.
- Milne B, Jhamandas K, Sutak M, Grenier P, Cahill CM. Analgesia, enhancement of spinal morphine antinociception, and inhibition of tolerance by ultra-low dose of the α2A-adrenoceptor selective antagonist BRL44408.. European journal of pharmacology, 2014.
- Taylor AM, Murphy NP, Evans CJ, Cahill CM. Correlation between ventral striatal catecholamine content and nociceptive thresholds in neuropathic mice.. The journal of pain, 2014.
- Mattioli TA, Leduc-Pessah H, Skelhorne-Gross G, Nicol CJ, Milne B, Trang T, Cahill CM. Toll-like receptor 4 mutant and null mice retain morphine-induced tolerance, hyperalgesia, and physical dependence.. PloS one, 2014.
- Cahill CM, Cook C, Pickens S. Migraine and reward system-or is it aversive?. Current pain and headache reports, 2014.
- Ong EW, Cahill CM. Molecular Perspectives for mu/delta Opioid Receptor Heteromers as Distinct, Functional Receptors.. Cells, 2014.
- Mittal N, Roberts K, Pal K, Bentolila LA, Fultz E, Minasyan A, Cahill C, Pradhan A, Conner D, DeFea K, Evans C, Walwyn W. Select G-protein-coupled receptors modulate agonist-induced signaling via a ROCK, LIMK, and β-arrestin 1 pathway.. Cell reports, 2013.
- Bandyopadhyay S, Cahill C, Balleidier A, Huang C, Lahiri DK, Huang X, Rogers JT. Novel 5' untranslated region directed blockers of iron-regulatory protein-1 dependent amyloid precursor protein translation: implications for down syndrome and Alzheimer's disease.. PloS one, 2013.
- Cahill CM, Xue L, Grenier P, Magnussen C, Lecour S, Olmstead MC. Changes in morphine reward in a model of neuropathic pain.. Behavioural pharmacology, 2013.
- Milne B, Jhamandas K, Sutak M, Grenier P, Cahill CM. Stereo-selective inhibition of spinal morphine tolerance and hyperalgesia by an ultra-low dose of the alpha-2-adrenoceptor antagonist efaroxan.. European journal of pharmacology, 2013.
- Ferrini F, Trang T, Mattioli TA, Laffray S, Del'Guidice T, Lorenzo LE, Castonguay A, Doyon N, Zhang W, Godin AG, Mohr D, Beggs S, Vandal K, Beaulieu JM, Cahill CM, Salter MW, De Koninck Y. Morphine hyperalgesia gated through microglia-mediated disruption of neuronal Cl⁻ homeostasis.. Nature neuroscience, 2013.
- Henry R, Cahill CM, Wood G, Hroch J, Wilson R, Cupido T, Vandenkerkhof E. Myofascial pain in patients waitlisted for total knee arthroplasty.. Pain research & management, 2012.
- Mikkilineni S, Cantuti-Castelvetri I, Cahill CM, Balliedier A, Greig NH, Rogers JT. The anticholinesterase phenserine and its enantiomer posiphen as 5'untranslated-region-directed translation blockers of the Parkinson's alpha synuclein expression.. Parkinson's disease, 2012.
- Cahill CM, Rogers JT, Walker WA. The role of phosphoinositide 3-kinase signaling in intestinal inflammation.. Journal of signal transduction, 2012.
- Mattioli TA, Sutak M, Milne B, Jhamandas K, Cahill CM. Intrathecal catheterization influences tolerance to chronic morphine in rats.. Anesthesia and analgesia, 2011.
- Milne B, Sutak M, Cahill CM, Jhamandas K. Low dose alpha-2 antagonist paradoxically enhances rat norepinephrine and clonidine analgesia.. Anesthesia and analgesia, 2011.
- Cahill CM, Taylor A. A piece of the puzzle is revealed for delta opioid receptor-mediated analgesia.. Pain, 2011.
- Cahill CM, Stroman PW. Mapping of neural activity produced by thermal pain in the healthy human spinal cord and brain stem: a functional magnetic resonance imaging study.. Magnetic resonance imaging, 2011.
- Rogers JT, Mikkilineni S, Cantuti-Castelvetri I, Smith DH, Huang X, Bandyopadhyay S, Cahill CM, Maccecchini ML, Lahiri DK, Greig NH. The alpha-synuclein 5'untranslated region targeted translation blockers: anti-alpha synuclein efficacy of cardiac glycosides and Posiphen.. Journal of neural transmission (Vienna, Austria : 1996), 2011.
- Gupta A, Mulder J, Gomes I, Rozenfeld R, Bushlin I, Ong E, Lim M, Maillet E, Junek M, Cahill CM, Harkany T, Devi LA. Increased abundance of opioid receptor heteromers after chronic morphine administration.. Science signaling, 2010.
- Cho HH, Cahill CM, Vanderburg CR, Scherzer CR, Wang B, Huang X, Rogers JT. Selective translational control of the Alzheimer amyloid precursor protein transcript by iron regulatory protein-1.. The Journal of biological chemistry, 2010.
- Leung L, Cahill CM. TNF-alpha and neuropathic pain--a review.. Journal of neuroinflammation, 2010.
- Mattioli TA, Milne B, Cahill CM. Ultra-low dose naltrexone attenuates chronic morphine-induced gliosis in rats.. Molecular pain, 2010.
- Malhi GS, Adams D, Cahill CM, Dodd S, Berk M. The management of individuals with bipolar disorder: a review of the evidence and its integration into clinical practice.. Drugs, 2009.
- Cahill CM, Walter G, Malhi GS. Neurocognition in bipolar disorder and juvenile bipolar disorder.. Journal of the Canadian Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry = Journal de l'Academie canadienne de psychiatrie de l'enfant et de l'adolescent, 2009.
- Zhao W, Liu Y, Cahill CM, Yang W, Rogers JT, Huang X. The role of T cells in osteoporosis, an update.. International journal of clinical and experimental pathology, 2009.
- Cahill CM, Lahiri DK, Huang X, Rogers JT. Amyloid precursor protein and alpha synuclein translation, implications for iron and inflammation in neurodegenerative diseases.. Biochimica et biophysica acta, 2008.
- Rogers JT, Bush AI, Cho HH, Smith DH, Thomson AM, Friedlich AL, Lahiri DK, Leedman PJ, Huang X, Cahill CM. Iron and the translation of the amyloid precursor protein (APP) and ferritin mRNAs: riboregulation against neural oxidative damage in Alzheimer's disease.. Biochemical Society transactions, 2008.
- Cahill CM, Rogers JT. Interleukin (IL) 1beta induction of IL-6 is mediated by a novel phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent AKT/IkappaB kinase alpha pathway targeting activator protein-1.. The Journal of biological chemistry, 2008.
- Stroman PW, Figley CR, Cahill CM. Spatial normalization, bulk motion correction and coregistration for functional magnetic resonance imaging of the human cervical spinal cord and brainstem.. Magnetic resonance imaging, 2008.
- Morano TJ, Bailey NJ, Cahill CM, Dumont EC. Nuclei-and condition-specific responses to pain in the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis.. Progress in neuro-psychopharmacology & biological psychiatry, 2007.
- Cahill CM, Green MJ, Jairam R, Malhi GS. Do cognitive deficits in juvenile bipolar disorder persist into adulthood?. The Journal of nervous and mental disease, 2007.
- Berk M, Malhi GS, Cahill C, Carman AC, Hadzi-Pavlovic D, Hawkins MT, Tohen M, Mitchell PB. The Bipolar Depression Rating Scale (BDRS): its development, validation and utility.. Bipolar disorders, 2007.
- Cahill C, Hanstock T, Jairam R, Hazell P, Walter G, Malhi GS. Comparison of diagnostic guidelines for juvenile bipolar disorder.. The Australian and New Zealand journal of psychiatry, 2007.
- Holdridge SV, Armstrong SA, Taylor AM, Cahill CM. Behavioural and morphological evidence for the involvement of glial cell activation in delta opioid receptor function: implications for the development of opioid tolerance.. Molecular pain, 2007.
- Green MJ, Cahill CM, Malhi GS. The cognitive and neurophysiological basis of emotion dysregulation in bipolar disorder.. Journal of affective disorders, 2007.
- Bi GQ, Bolshakov V, Bu G, Cahill CM, Chen ZF, Collingridge GL, Cooper RL, Coorssen JR, El-Husseini A, Galhardo V, Gan WB, Gu J, Inoue K, Isaac J, Iwata K, Jia Z, Kaang BK, Kawamata M, Kida S, Klann E, Kohno T, Li M, Li XJ, MacDonald JF, Nader K, Nguyen PV, Oh U, Ren K, Roder JC, Salter MW, Song W, Sugita S, Tang SJ, Tao Y, Wang YT, Woo N, Woodin MA, Yan Z, Yoshimura M, Xu M, Xu ZC, Zhang X, Zhen M, Zhuo M. Recent advances in basic neurosciences and brain disease: from synapses to behavior.. Molecular pain, 2006.
- Holdridge SV, Cahill CM. Spinal administration of a delta opioid receptor agonist attenuates hyperalgesia and allodynia in a rat model of neuropathic pain.. European journal of pain (London, England), 2006.
- Cahill CM, Holdridge SV, Morinville A. Trafficking of delta-opioid receptors and other G-protein-coupled receptors: implications for pain and analgesia.. Trends in pharmacological sciences, 2006.
- Kabli N, Cahill CM. Anti-allodynic effects of peripheral delta opioid receptors in neuropathic pain.. Pain, 2006.
- Gilron I, Watson CP, Cahill CM, Moulin DE. Neuropathic pain: a practical guide for the clinician.. CMAJ : Canadian Medical Association journal = journal de l'Association medicale canadienne, 2006.
- Bandyopadhyay S, Hartley DM, Cahill CM, Lahiri DK, Chattopadhyay N, Rogers JT. Interleukin-1alpha stimulates non-amyloidogenic pathway by alpha-secretase (ADAM-10 and ADAM-17) cleavage of APP in human astrocytic cells involving p38 MAP kinase.. Journal of neuroscience research, 2006.
- Malhi GS, Loo C, Cahill CM, Lagopoulos J, Mitchell P, Sachdev P. "Getting physical": the management of neuropsychiatric disorders using novel physical treatments.. Neuropsychiatric disease and treatment, 2006.
- Lagopoulos J, Malhi GS, Ivanovski B, Cahill CM, Lang EW, Mudaliar Y, Dorsch N, Yam A, Griffith J, Mulvey J. Cerebrovascular autoregulation as a neuroimaging tool.. Acta neuropsychiatrica, 2006.
- Cahill CM, Malhi GS, Ivanovski B, Lagopoulos J, Cohen M. Cognitive compromise in bipolar disorder with chronic cannabis use: cause or consequence?. Expert review of neurotherapeutics, 2006.
- Odrcich M, Bailey JM, Cahill CM, Gilron I. Chronobiological characteristics of painful diabetic neuropathy and postherpetic neuralgia: diurnal pain variation and effects of analgesic therapy.. Pain, 2005.
- Lagopoulos J, Malhi GS, Ivanovski B, Cahill CM, Morris JG. A matter of motion or an emotional matter? Management of depression in Parkinson's disease.. Expert review of neurotherapeutics, 2005.
- Sharif Naeini R, Cahill CM, Ribeiro-da-Silva A, Ménard HA, Henry JL. Remodelling of spinal nociceptive mechanisms in an animal model of monoarthritis.. The European journal of neuroscience, 2005.
- Thomson AM, Cahill CM, Cho HH, Kassachau KD, Epis MR, Bridges KR, Leedman PJ, Rogers JT. The acute box cis-element in human heavy ferritin mRNA 5'-untranslated region is a unique translation enhancer that binds poly(C)-binding proteins.. The Journal of biological chemistry, 2005.
- Olley AL, Malhi GS, Bachelor J, Cahill CM, Mitchell PB, Berk M. Executive functioning and theory of mind in euthymic bipolar disorder.. Bipolar disorders, 2005.
- Morinville A, Cahill CM, Aibak H, Rymar VV, Pradhan A, Hoffert C, Mennicken F, Stroh T, Sadikot AF, O'Donnell D, Clarke PB, Collier B, Henry JL, Vincent JP, Beaudet A. Morphine-induced changes in delta opioid receptor trafficking are linked to somatosensory processing in the rat spinal cord.. The Journal of neuroscience : the official journal of the Society for Neuroscience, 2004.
- Morinville A, Cahill CM, Kieffer B, Collier B, Beaudet A. Mu-opioid receptor knockout prevents changes in delta-opioid receptor trafficking induced by chronic inflammatory pain.. Pain, 2004.
- Cahill CM, Dray A, Coderre TJ. Intrathecal nerve growth factor restores opioid effectiveness in an animal model of neuropathic pain.. Neuropharmacology, 2003.
- Morinville A, Cahill CM, Esdaile MJ, Aibak H, Collier B, Kieffer BL, Beaudet A. Regulation of delta-opioid receptor trafficking via mu-opioid receptor stimulation: evidence from mu-opioid receptor knock-out mice.. The Journal of neuroscience : the official journal of the Society for Neuroscience, 2003.
- Cahill CM, Dray A, Coderre TJ. Enhanced thermal antinociceptive potency and anti-allodynic effects of morphine following spinal administration of endotoxin.. Brain research, 2003.
- Payton S, Cahill CM, Randall JD, Gullans SR, Rogers JT. Drug discovery targeted to the Alzheimer's APP mRNA 5'-untranslated region: the action of paroxetine and dimercaptopropanol.. Journal of molecular neuroscience : MN, 2003.
- Rogers JT, Randall JD, Eder PS, Huang X, Bush AI, Tanzi RE, Venti A, Payton SM, Giordano T, Nagano S, Cahill CM, Moir R, Lahiri DK, Greig N, Sarang SS, Gullans SR. Alzheimer's disease drug discovery targeted to the APP mRNA 5'untranslated region.. Journal of molecular neuroscience : MN, 2002.
- Nguyen HM, Cahill CM, McPherson PS, Beaudet A. Receptor-mediated internalization of [3H]-neurotensin in synaptosomal preparations from rat neostriatum.. Neuropharmacology, 2002.
- Cahill CM, Coderre TJ. Attenuation of hyperalgesia in a rat model of neuropathic pain after intrathecal pre- or post-treatment with a neurokinin-1 antagonist.. Pain, 2002.
- Lee MC, Cahill CM, Vincent JP, Beaudet A. Internalization and trafficking of opioid receptor ligands in rat cortical neurons.. Synapse (New York, N.Y.), 2002.
- Fisher K, Fundytus ME, Cahill CM, Coderre TJ. Intrathecal administration of the mGluR compound, (S)-4CPG, attenuates hyperalgesia and allodynia associated with sciatic nerve constriction injury in rats.. Pain, 1998.