Professor, Biological Chemistry, University of California Los Angeles
- Shoffner GM, Wang R, Podell E, Cech TR, Guo F. In Crystallo Selection to Establish New RNA Crystal Contacts.. Structure (London, England : 1993), 2018.
- Barr I, Guo F. Pyridine Hemochromagen Assay for Determining the Concentration of Heme in Purified Protein Solutions.. Bio-protocol, 2015.
- Barr I, Weitz SH, Atkin T, Hsu P, Karayiorgou M, Gogos JA, Weiss S, Guo F. Cobalt(III) Protoporphyrin Activates the DGCR8 Protein and Can Compensate microRNA Processing Deficiency.. Chemistry & biology, 2015.
- Quick-Cleveland J, Jacob JP, Weitz SH, Shoffner G, Senturia R, Guo F. The DGCR8 RNA-binding heme domain recognizes primary microRNAs by clamping the hairpin.. Cell reports, 2014.
- Chin RM, Fu X, Pai MY, Vergnes L, Hwang H, Deng G, Diep S, Lomenick B, Meli VS, Monsalve GC, Hu E, Whelan SA, Wang JX, Jung G, Solis GM, Fazlollahi F, Kaweeteerawat C, Quach A, Nili M, Krall AS, Godwin HA, Chang HR, Faull KF, Guo F, Jiang M, Trauger SA, Saghatelian A, Braas D, Christofk HR, Clarke CF, Teitell MA, Petrascheck M, Reue K, Jung ME, Frand AR, Huang J. The metabolite α-ketoglutarate extends lifespan by inhibiting ATP synthase and TOR.. Nature, 2014.
- Weitz SH, Gong M, Barr I, Weiss S, Guo F. Processing of microRNA primary transcripts requires heme in mammalian cells.. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2014.
- Barr I, Guo F. Primary microRNA processing assay reconstituted using recombinant Drosha and DGCR8.. Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.), 2014.
- Senturia R, Laganowsky A, Barr I, Scheidemantle BD, Guo F. Dimerization and heme binding are conserved in amphibian and starfish homologues of the microRNA processing protein DGCR8.. PloS one, 2012.
- Gong M, Chen Y, Senturia R, Ulgherait M, Faller M, Guo F. Caspases cleave and inhibit the microRNA processing protein DiGeorge Critical Region 8.. Protein science : a publication of the Protein Society, 2012.
- Meer EJ, Wang DO, Kim S, Barr I, Guo F, Martin KC. Identification of a cis-acting element that localizes mRNA to synapses.. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2012.
- Barr I, Smith AT, Chen Y, Senturia R, Burstyn JN, Guo F. Ferric, not ferrous, heme activates RNA-binding protein DGCR8 for primary microRNA processing.. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2012.
- Januszyk K, Fleissner MR, Atchabahian L, Shieh FK, Altenbach C, Martin SL, Guo F, Hubbell WL, Clubb RT. Site-directed spin labeling electron paramagnetic resonance study of the ORF1 protein from a mouse L1 retrotransposon.. Protein science : a publication of the Protein Society, 2011.
- Barr I, Smith AT, Senturia R, Chen Y, Scheidemantle BD, Burstyn JN, Guo F. DiGeorge critical region 8 (DGCR8) is a double-cysteine-ligated heme protein.. The Journal of biological chemistry, 2011.
- Senturia R, Faller M, Yin S, Loo JA, Cascio D, Sawaya MR, Hwang D, Clubb RT, Guo F. Structure of the dimerization domain of DiGeorge critical region 8.. Protein science : a publication of the Protein Society, 2010.
- Faller M, Toso D, Matsunaga M, Atanasov I, Senturia R, Chen Y, Zhou ZH, Guo F. DGCR8 recognizes primary transcripts of microRNAs through highly cooperative binding and formation of higher-order structures.. RNA (New York, N.Y.), 2010.
- Wang Q, Barr I, Guo F, Lee C. Evidence of a novel RNA secondary structure in the coding region of HIV-1 pol gene.. RNA (New York, N.Y.), 2008.
- Miallau L, Faller M, Chiang J, Arbing M, Guo F, Cascio D, Eisenberg D. Structure and proposed activity of a member of the VapBC family of toxin-antitoxin systems. VapBC-5 from Mycobacterium tuberculosis.. The Journal of biological chemistry, 2008.
- Faller M, Guo F. MicroRNA biogenesis: there's more than one way to skin a cat.. Biochimica et biophysica acta, 2008.
- Faller M, Matsunaga M, Yin S, Loo JA, Guo F. Heme is involved in microRNA processing.. Nature structural & molecular biology, 2006.