Kyung Hyun Sung
Associate Professor-in-Residence, Radiological Sciences, University of California Los Angeles
Dr. Sung received the M.S and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering from University of Southern California, Los Angeles, in 2005 and 2008, respectively. From 2008 to 2012, he finished his postdoctoral training at Stanford in the Departments of Radiology and joined the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Department of Radiological Sciences in 2012 as an Assistant Professor. His research interest is to develop fast and reliable MRI methods that can provide improved diagnostic contrast and useful information. In particular, his group is currently focused on developing advanced quantitative MRI techniques for early diagnosis, treatment guidance, and therapeutic response assessment for oncologic applications.
- Hosseiny M, Sung KH, Felker E, Suvannarerg V, Tubtawee T, Shafa A, Arora K, Ching J, Gulati A, Azadikhah A, Zhong X, Sayre J, Lu D, Raman SS. rs-EPI for prostate DWI.. The British journal of radiology, 2022.
- Mirak SA, Shakeri S, Bajgiran AM, Felker ER, Sung KH, Asvadi NH, Khoshnoodi P, Markovic D, Ponzini D, Ahuja P, Sisk A, Reiter RE, Lu D, Raman SS. Three Tesla Multiparametric Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Comparison of Performance with and without Endorectal Coil for Prostate Cancer Detection, PI-RADS™ version 2 Category and Staging with Whole Mount Histopathology Correlation.. The Journal of urology, 2019.
- Tan N, Lin WC, Khoshnoodi P, Asvadi NH, Yoshida J, Margolis DJ, Lu DS, Wu H, Sung KH, Lu DY, Huang J, Raman SS. In-Bore 3-T MR-guided Transrectal Targeted Prostate Biopsy: Prostate Imaging Reporting and Data System Version 2-based Diagnostic Performance for Detection of Prostate Cancer.. Radiology, 2016.
- Yang X, Le Minh H, Tim Cheng KT, Sung KH, Liu W. Renal compartment segmentation in DCE-MRI images.. Medical image analysis, 2016.
- Sung K, Daniel BL, Hargreaves BA. Transmit B1+ field inhomogeneity and T1 estimation errors in breast DCE-MRI at 3 tesla.. Journal of magnetic resonance imaging : JMRI, 2013.
- Sung K, Daniel BL, Hargreaves BA. Location constrained approximate message passing for compressed sensing MRI.. Magnetic resonance in medicine, 2012.