Associate Professor, Behavioral Neuroscience, Clinical Psychology
Member, Brain Research Institute, CTSI, Neuroscience GPB Home Area
Member, Brain Research Institute, CTSI, Neuroscience GPB Home Area
A selected list of publications:
- Bacio Guadalupe A, Lunny Katy F, Webb Jessica N, Ray Lara A Alcohol Use Following an Alcohol Challenge and a Brief Intervention among Alcohol-Dependent Individuals The American journal on addictions / American Academy of Psychiatrists in Alcoholism and Addictions, 2014; 23(1): 96-101.
- Courtney Kelly E, Ashenhurst James, Bacio Guadalupe, Moallem Nathasha, Bujarski Spencer, Hartwell Emily, Ray Lara A Craving and subjective responses to alcohol administration: validation of the desires for alcohol questionnaire in the human laboratory Journal of studies on alcohol and drugs, 2013; 74(5): 797-802.
- Courtney Kelly E, Ghahremani Dara G, Ray Lara A Fronto-striatal functional connectivity during response inhibition in alcohol dependence Addiction biology, 2013; 18(3): 593-604.
- Ray Lara A, Courtney Kelly E, Hutchison Kent E, Mackillop James, Galvan Adriana, Ghahremani Dara G Initial Evidence that OPRM1 Genotype Moderates Ventral and Dorsal Striatum Functional Connectivity During Alcohol Cues Alcoholism, clinical and experimental research, 2013; 74(5): .
- Moallem Nathasha R, Courtney Kelly E, Bacio Guadalupe A, Ray Lara A Modeling alcohol use disorder severity: an integrative structural equation modeling approach Frontiers in psychiatry, 2013; 4(1): 75.
- Hartwell Emily E, Ray Lara A Sex moderates stress reactivity in heavy drinkers Addictive behaviors, 2013; 38(11): 2643-6.
- Ray Lara A, Bujarski Spencer, MacKillop James, Courtney Kelly E, Monti Peter M, Miotto Karen Subjective response to alcohol among alcohol-dependent individuals: effects of the Î¼-opioid receptor (OPRM1) gene and alcoholism severity Alcoholism, clinical and experimental research, 2013; 37 Suppl 1(1): E116-24.
- Bujarski Spencer, O’Malley Stephanie S, Lunny Katy, Ray Lara A The effects of drinking goal on treatment outcome for alcoholism Journal of consulting and clinical psychology, 2013; 81(1): 13-22.
- Ray Lara A, Lunny Katy, Bujarski Spencer, Moallem Nathasha, Krull Jennifer L, Miotto Karen The effects of varenicline on stress-induced and cue-induced craving for cigarettes Drug and alcohol dependence, 2013; 131(1-2): 136-42.
- Ray, L. A. Miranda, R. Mackillop, J. McGeary, J. Tidey, J. W. Rohsenow, D. J. Gwaltney, C. Swift, R. W. Monti, P. M. A preliminary pharmacogenetic investigation of adverse events from topiramate in heavy drinkers Exp Clin Psychopharmacol, 2009; 17(2): 122-9.
- Ray, L. A. Mackillop, J. Leggio, L. Morgan, M. Hutchison, K. E. Effects of naltrexone on cortisol levels in heavy drinkers Pharmacol Biochem Behav, 2009; 91(4): 489-94.
- Leventhal, A. M. Kahler, C. W. Ray, L. A. Zimmerman, M. Refining the depression-nicotine dependence link: patterns of depressive symptoms in psychiatric outpatients with current, past, and no history of nicotine dependence Addict Behav, 2009; 34(3): 297-303.
- Ray, L. A. Bryan, A. Mackillop, J. McGeary, J. Hesterberg, K. Hutchison, K. E. The dopamine D Receptor (DRD4) gene exon III polymorphism, problematic alcohol use and novelty seeking: direct and mediated genetic effects Addict Biol, 2009; 14(2): 238-44.
- Leventhal, A. M. Kahler, C. W. Ray, L. A. Stone, K. Young, D. Chelminski, I. Zimmerman, M. Anhedonia and amotivation in psychiatric outpatients with fully remitted stimulant use disorder Am J Addict, 2008; 17(3): 218-23.
- Ray, L. A. Miranda, R., Jr. Chelminski, I. Young, D. Zimmerman, M. Diagnostic orphans for alcohol use disorders in a treatment-seeking psychiatric sample Drug Alcohol Depend, 2008; 96(1-2): 187-91.
- Filbey, F. M. Ray, L. Smolen, A. Claus, E. D. Audette, A. Hutchison, K. E. Differential neural response to alcohol priming and alcohol taste cues is associated with DRD4 VNTR and OPRM1 genotypes Alcohol Clin Exp Res, 2008; 32(7): 1113-23.
- Ray, L. A. Hutchison, K. E. MacKillop, J. Miranda, R., Jr. Audette, A. Swift, R. Monti, P. M. Effects of naltrexone during the descending limb of the blood alcohol curve Am J Addict, 2008; 17(4): 257-64.
- Miranda, R., Jr. Rohsenow, D. J. Monti, P. M. Tidey, J. Ray, L. Effects of repeated days of smoking cue exposure on urge to smoke and physiological reactivity Addict Behav, 2008; 33(2): 347-53.
- Miranda, R., Jr. MacKillop, J. Monti, P. M. Rohsenow, D. J. Tidey, J. Gwaltney, C. Swift, R. Ray, L. McGeary, J. Effects of topiramate on urge to drink and the subjective effects of alcohol: a preliminary laboratory study Alcohol Clin Exp Res, 2008; 32(3): 489-97.
- MacKillop, J. Murphy, J. G. Ray, L. A. Eisenberg, D. T. Lisman, S. A. Lum, J. K. Wilson, D. S. Further validation of a cigarette purchase task for assessing the relative reinforcing efficacy of nicotine in college smokers Exp Clin Psychopharmacol, 2008; 16(1): 57-65.
- Haughey, H. M. Ray, L. A. Finan, P. Villanueva, R. Niculescu, M. Hutchison, K. E. Human gamma-aminobutyric acid A receptor alpha2 gene moderates the acute effects of alcohol and brain mRNA expression Genes Brain Behav, 2008; 7(4): 447-54.
- Ray, L. A. Kahler, C. W. Young, D. Chelminski, I. Zimmerman, M. The factor structure and severity of DSM-IV alcohol abuse and dependence symptoms in psychiatric outpatients J Stud Alcohol Drugs, 2008; 69(4): 496-9.
- Bryan, A. Ray, L. A. Cooper, M. L. Alcohol use and protective sexual behaviors among high-risk adolescents J Stud Alcohol Drugs, 2007; 68(3): 327-35.
- Ray, L. A. Hutchison, K. E. Effects of naltrexone on alcohol sensitivity and genetic moderators of medication response: a double-blind placebo-controlled study Arch Gen Psychiatry, 2007; 64(9): 1069-77.
- Ray, L. A. Rhee, S. H. Stallings, M. C. Knopik, V. Hutchison, K. E. Examining the heritability of a laboratory-based smoking endophenotype: initial results from an experimental twin study Twin Res Hum Genet, 2007; 10(4): 546-53.
- Ray, L. A. Miranda, R., Jr. Kahler, C. W. Leventhal, A. M. Monti, P. M. Swift, R. Hutchison, K. E. Pharmacological effects of naltrexone and intravenous alcohol on craving for cigarettes among light smokers: a pilot study Psychopharmacology (Berl), 2007; 193(4): 449-56.
- Ray, L. A. Meskew-Stacer, S. Hutchison, K. E. The relationship between prospective self-rating of alcohol sensitivity and craving and experimental results from two alcohol challenge studies J Stud Alcohol Drugs, 2007; 68(3): 379-84.
- Ray, L. A. McGeary, J. Marshall, E. Hutchison, K. E. Risk factors for alcohol misuse: examining heart rate reactivity to alcohol, alcohol sensitivity, and personality constructs Addict Behav, 2006; 31(11): 1959-73.
- Hutchison, K. E. Ray, L. Sandman, E. Rutter, M. C. Peters, A. Davidson, D. Swift, R. The effect of olanzapine on craving and alcohol consumption Neuropsychopharmacology, 2006; 31(6): 1310-7.
- Hines, L. M. Ray, L. Hutchison, K. Tabakoff, B. Alcoholism: the dissection for endophenotypes Dialogues Clin Neurosci, 2005; 7(2): 153-63.
- Ray, L. A. Hutchison, K. E. A polymorphism of the mu-opioid receptor gene (OPRM1) and sensitivity to the effects of alcohol in humans Alcohol Clin Exp Res, 2004; 28(12): 1789-95.
- Fromme, K. de Wit, H. Hutchison, K. E. Ray, L. Corbin, W. R. Cook, T. A. Wall, T. L. Goldman, D. Biological and behavioral markers of alcohol sensitivity Alcohol Clin Exp Res, 2004; 28(2): 247-56.