Nicholas A Cacalano
Associate Professor, Radiation Oncology, University of California Los Angeles
- Lee S, Mendoza TR, Burner DN, Muldong MT, Wu CCN, Arreola-Villanueva C, Zuniga A, Greenburg O, Zhu WY, Murtadha J, Koutouan E, Pineda N, Pham H, Kang SG, Kim HT, Pineda G, Lennon KM, Cacalano NA, Jamieson CHM, Kane CJ, Kulidjian AA, Gaasterland T, Jamieson CAM. Novel Dormancy Mechanism of Castration Resistance in Bone Metastatic Prostate Cancer Organoids.. International journal of molecular sciences, 2022.
- Lee S, Burner DN, Mendoza TR, Muldong MT, Arreola C, Wu CN, Cacalano NA, Kulidjian AA, Kane CJ, Jamieson CAM. Establishment and Analysis of Three-Dimensional (3D) Organoids Derived from Patient Prostate Cancer Bone Metastasis Specimens and their Xenografts.. Journal of visualized experiments : JoVE, 2020.
- Kaur K, Kozlowska AK, Topchyan P, Ko MW, Ohanian N, Chiang J, Cook J, Maung PO, Park SH, Cacalano N, Fang C, Jewett A. Probiotic-Treated Super-Charged NK Cells Efficiently Clear Poorly Differentiated Pancreatic Tumors in Hu-BLT Mice.. Cancers, 2019.
- Li Q, Wang H, Peng H, Huyan T, Cacalano NA. Exosomes: Versatile Nano Mediators of Immune Regulation.. Cancers, 2019.
- Zhang H, Wang S, Cacalano N, Zhu H, Liu Q, Xie M, Kamrava M, Konecny G, Jin S. Oncogenic Y68 frame shift mutation of PTEN represents a mechanism of docetaxel resistance in endometrial cancer cell lines.. Scientific reports, 2019.
- Wang S, Xia P, Cacalano NA, Xu H, Li D. Complete androgen insensitivity syndrome caused by c.1769-1G > C mutation and activation of a cryptic splice acceptor site in the androgen receptor gene.. Steroids, 2018.
- Hirata T, Park SC, Muldong MT, Wu CN, Yamaguchi T, Strasner A, Raheem O, Kumon H, Sah RL, Cacalano NA, Jamieson CHM, Kane CJ, Masuda K, Kulidjian AA, Jamieson CAM. Specific bone region localization of osteolytic versus osteoblastic lesions in a patient-derived xenograft model of bone metastatic prostate cancer.. Asian journal of urology, 2016.
- Kozlowska AK, Tseng HC, Kaur K, Topchyan P, Inagaki A, Bui VT, Kasahara N, Cacalano N, Jewett A. Resistance to cytotoxicity and sustained release of interleukin-6 and interleukin-8 in the presence of decreased interferon-γ after differentiation of glioblastoma by human natural killer cells.. Cancer immunology, immunotherapy : CII, 2016.
- Cacalano NA. Regulation of Natural Killer Cell Function by STAT3.. Frontiers in immunology, 2016.
- Tseng HC, Inagaki A, Bui VT, Cacalano N, Kasahara N, Man YG, Jewett A. Differential Targeting of Stem Cells and Differentiated Glioblastomas by NK Cells.. Journal of Cancer, 2015.
- Tseng HC, Cacalano N, Jewett A. Split anergized Natural Killer cells halt inflammation by inducing stem cell differentiation, resistance to NK cell cytotoxicity and prevention of cytokine and chemokine secretion.. Oncotarget, 2015.
- Kim MH, Kim MS, Kim W, Kang MA, Cacalano NA, Kang SB, Shin YJ, Jeong JH. Suppressor of cytokine signaling (SOCS) genes are silenced by DNA hypermethylation and histone deacetylation and regulate response to radiotherapy in cervical cancer cells.. PloS one, 2015.
- Godebu E, Muldong M, Strasner A, Wu CN, Park SC, Woo JR, Ma W, Liss MA, Hirata T, Raheem O, Cacalano NA, Kulidjian AA, Jamieson CA. PCSD1, a new patient-derived model of bone metastatic prostate cancer, is castrate-resistant in the bone-niche.. Journal of translational medicine, 2014.
- Tseng HC, Bui V, Man YG, Cacalano N, Jewett A. Induction of Split Anergy Conditions Natural Killer Cells to Promote Differentiation of Stem Cells through Cell-Cell Contact and Secreted Factors.. Frontiers in immunology, 2014.
- Jewett A, Man YG, Cacalano N, Kos J, Tseng HC. Natural killer cells as effectors of selection and differentiation of stem cells: role in resolution of inflammation.. Journal of immunotoxicology, 2014.
- Jewett A, Tseng HC, Arasteh A, Saadat S, Christensen RE, Cacalano NA. Natural killer cells preferentially target cancer stem cells; role of monocytes in protection against NK cell mediated lysis of cancer stem cells.. Current drug delivery, 2012.
- Raheem O, Kulidjian AA, Wu C, Jeong YB, Yamaguchi T, Smith KM, Goff D, Leu H, Morris SR, Cacalano NA, Masuda K, Jamieson CH, Kane CJ, Jamieson CA. A novel patient-derived intra-femoral xenograft model of bone metastatic prostate cancer that recapitulates mixed osteolytic and osteoblastic lesions.. Journal of translational medicine, 2011.
- Huynh T, Kapur RV, Kaplan CW, Cacalano N, Kinder Haake S, Shi W, Sieling P, Jewett A. The role of aggregation in Fusobacterium nucleatum- induced immune cell death.. Journal of endodontics, 2011.
- Mussano F, Lee KJ, Zuk P, Tran L, Cacalano NA, Jewett A, Carossa S, Nishimura I. Differential effect of ionizing radiation exposure on multipotent and differentiation-restricted bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells.. Journal of cellular biochemistry, 2010.
- Sherman MH, Kuraishy AI, Deshpande C, Hong JS, Cacalano NA, Gatti RA, Manis JP, Damore MA, Pellegrini M, Teitell MA. AID-induced genotoxic stress promotes B cell differentiation in the germinal center via ATM and LKB1 signaling.. Molecular cell, 2010.
- Tseng HC, Arasteh A, Paranjpe A, Teruel A, Yang W, Behel A, Alva JA, Walter G, Head C, Ishikawa TO, Herschman HR, Cacalano N, Pyle AD, Park NH, Jewett A. Increased lysis of stem cells but not their differentiated cells by natural killer cells; de-differentiation or reprogramming activates NK cells.. PloS one, 2010.
- Jewett A, Arasteh A, Tseng HC, Behel A, Arasteh H, Yang W, Cacalano NA, Paranjpe A. Strategies to rescue mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) and dental pulp stem cells (DPSCs) from NK cell mediated cytotoxicity.. PloS one, 2010.
- Belanto JJ, Diaz-Perez SV, Magyar CE, Maxwell MM, Yilmaz Y, Topp K, Boso G, Jamieson CH, Cacalano NA, Jamieson CA. Dexamethasone induces dysferlin in myoblasts and enhances their myogenic differentiation.. Neuromuscular disorders : NMD, 2010.
- Paranjpe A, Cacalano NA, Hume WR, Jewett A. N-acetyl cysteine mediates protection from 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate induced apoptosis via nuclear factor kappa B-dependent and independent pathways: potential involvement of JNK.. Toxicological sciences : an official journal of the Society of Toxicology, 2009.
- Cacalano NA, Le D, Paranjpe A, Wang MY, Fernandez A, Evazyan T, Park NH, Jewett A. Regulation of IGFBP6 gene and protein is mediated by the inverse expression and function of c-jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) and NFkappaB in a model of oral tumor cells.. Apoptosis : an international journal on programmed cell death, 2008.
- Paranjpe A, Cacalano NA, Hume WR, Jewett A. Mechanisms of N-acetyl cysteine-mediated protection from 2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate-induced apoptosis.. Journal of endodontics, 2008.
- Sitko JC, Yeh B, Kim M, Zhou H, Takaesu G, Yoshimura A, McBride WH, Jewett A, Jamieson CA, Cacalano NA. SOCS3 regulates p21 expression and cell cycle arrest in response to DNA damage.. Cellular signalling, 2008.
- Jewett A, Teruel A, Romero M, Head C, Cacalano N. Rapid and potent induction of cell death and loss of NK cell cytotoxicity against oral tumors by F(ab')2 fragment of anti-CD16 antibody.. Cancer immunology, immunotherapy : CII, 2008.
- Kim K, Brush JM, Watson PA, Cacalano NA, Iwamoto KS, McBride WH. Epidermal growth factor receptor vIII expression in U87 glioblastoma cells alters their proteasome composition, function, and response to irradiation.. Molecular cancer research : MCR, 2008.
- Romero-Reyes M, Head C, Cacalano NA, Jewett A. Potent induction of TNF-alpha during interaction of immune effectors with oral tumors as a potential mechanism for the loss of NK cell viability and function.. Apoptosis : an international journal on programmed cell death, 2007.
- Teruel A, Romero M, Cacalano NA, Head C, Jewett A. Potential contribution of naïve immune effectors to oral tumor resistance: role in synergistic induction of VEGF, IL-6, and IL-8 secretion.. Cancer immunology, immunotherapy : CII, 2007.
- Paranjpe A, Cacalano NA, Hume WR, Jewett A. N-acetylcysteine protects dental pulp stromal cells from HEMA-induced apoptosis by inducing differentiation of the cells.. Free radical biology & medicine, 2007.
- Zhou H, Miki R, Eeva M, Fike FM, Seligson D, Yang L, Yoshimura A, Teitell MA, Jamieson CA, Cacalano NA. Reciprocal regulation of SOCS 1 and SOCS3 enhances resistance to ionizing radiation in glioblastoma multiforme.. Clinical cancer research : an official journal of the American Association for Cancer Research, 2007.
- Wang CC, Liao YP, Mischel PS, Iwamoto KS, Cacalano NA, McBride WH. HDJ-2 as a target for radiosensitization of glioblastoma multiforme cells by the farnesyltransferase inhibitor R115777 and the role of the p53/p21 pathway.. Cancer research, 2006.
- Jewett A, Cacalano NA, Head C, Teruel A. Coengagement of CD16 and CD94 receptors mediates secretion of chemokines and induces apoptotic death of naive natural killer cells.. Clinical cancer research : an official journal of the American Association for Cancer Research, 2006.
- Jewett A, Cacalano NA, Teruel A, Romero M, Rashedi M, Wang M, Nakamura H. Inhibition of nuclear factor kappa B (NFkappaB) activity in oral tumor cells prevents depletion of NK cells and increases their functional activation.. Cancer immunology, immunotherapy : CII, 2005.
- Dalwadi H, Krysan K, Heuze-Vourc'h N, Dohadwala M, Elashoff D, Sharma S, Cacalano N, Lichtenstein A, Dubinett S. Cyclooxygenase-2-dependent activation of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 by interleukin-6 in non-small cell lung cancer.. Clinical cancer research : an official journal of the American Association for Cancer Research, 2005.
- Sitko JC, Guevara CI, Cacalano NA. Tyrosine-phosphorylated SOCS3 interacts with the Nck and Crk-L adapter proteins and regulates Nck activation.. The Journal of biological chemistry, 2004.
- Seki Y, Inoue H, Nagata N, Hayashi K, Fukuyama S, Matsumoto K, Komine O, Hamano S, Himeno K, Inagaki-Ohara K, Cacalano N, O'Garra A, Oshida T, Saito H, Johnston JA, Yoshimura A, Kubo M. SOCS-3 regulates onset and maintenance of T(H)2-mediated allergic responses.. Nature medicine, 2003.
- Haan S, Ferguson P, Sommer U, Hiremath M, McVicar DW, Heinrich PC, Johnston JA, Cacalano NA. Tyrosine phosphorylation disrupts elongin interaction and accelerates SOCS3 degradation.. The Journal of biological chemistry, 2003.