Peter M Clark
Assistant Professor, Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, University of California Los Angeles
UCLA, Crump Institute for Molecular Imaging
CNSI, 570 Westwood Plaza, Building 114, Room 4333
Box 951770, Mail Code: 177010
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Faculty, Physics & Biology in Medicine GPB Home Area
Dr. Clark attended Cornell University, earning highest honors in Chemistry, high honors in Biology, and honors in Mathematics. Dr. Clark earned his PhD in Chemistry from the California Institute of Technology where he received the Herbert Newby McCoy Award in Chemistry. His graduate work focused on the post-translational modification N-acetyl-D-glucosamine, which has been implicated in diseases such as diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Salas JR, Clark PM. Signaling Pathways That Drive 18F-FDG Accumulation in Cancer.. Journal of nuclear medicine : official publication, Society of Nuclear Medicine, 2022.
- Tsang JE, Urner LM, Kim G, Chow K, Baufeld L, Faull K, Cloughesy TF, Clark PM, Jung ME, Nathanson DA. Development of a Potent Brain-Penetrant EGFR Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor against Malignant Brain Tumors.. ACS medicinal chemistry letters, 2020.
- Lisova K, Chen BY, Wang J, Fong KM, Clark PM, van Dam RM. Rapid, efficient, and economical synthesis of PET tracers in a droplet microreactor: application to O-(2-[18F]fluoroethyl)-L-tyrosine ([18F]FET).. EJNMMI radiopharmacy and chemistry, 2019.
- Wang L, Smith BA, Balanis NG, Tsai BL, Nguyen K, Cheng MW, Obusan MB, Esedebe FN, Patel SJ, Zhang H, Clark PM, Sisk AE, Said JW, Huang J, Graeber TG, Witte ON, Chin AI, Park JW. A genetically defined disease model reveals that urothelial cells can initiate divergent bladder cancer phenotypes.. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2019.
- Ghezzi C, Wong A, Chen BY, Ribalet B, Damoiseaux R, Clark PM. A high-throughput screen identifies that CDK7 activates glucose consumption in lung cancer cells.. Nature communications, 2019.
- Chen BY, Ghezzi C, Villegas B, Quon A, Radu CG, Witte ON, Clark PM. 18F-FAC PET Visualizes Brain-Infiltrating Leukocytes in a Mouse Model of Multiple Sclerosis.. Journal of nuclear medicine : official publication, Society of Nuclear Medicine, 2019.
- Salas JR, Chen BY, Wong A, Cheng D, Van Arnam JS, Witte ON, Clark PM. 18F-FAC PET Selectively Images Liver-Infiltrating CD4 and CD8 T Cells in a Mouse Model of Autoimmune Hepatitis.. Journal of nuclear medicine : official publication, Society of Nuclear Medicine, 2018.
- Salas JR, Chen BY, Wong A, Duarte S, Angarita SAK, Lipshutz GS, Witte ON, Clark PM. Noninvasive Imaging of Drug-Induced Liver Injury with 18F-DFA PET.. Journal of nuclear medicine : official publication, Society of Nuclear Medicine, 2018.
- Nakano H, Minami I, Braas D, Pappoe H, Wu X, Sagadevan A, Vergnes L, Fu K, Morselli M, Dunham C, Ding X, Stieg AZ, Gimzewski JK, Pellegrini M, Clark PM, Reue K, Lusis AJ, Ribalet B, Kurdistani SK, Christofk H, Nakatsuji N, Nakano A. Glucose inhibits cardiac muscle maturation through nucleotide biosynthesis.. eLife, 2017.
- Mai WX, Gosa L, Daniels VW, Ta L, Tsang JE, Higgins B, Gilmore WB, Bayley NA, Harati MD, Lee JT, Yong WH, Kornblum HI, Bensinger SJ, Mischel PS, Rao PN, Clark PM, Cloughesy TF, Letai A, Nathanson DA. Cytoplasmic p53 couples oncogene-driven glucose metabolism to apoptosis and is a therapeutic target in glioblastoma.. Nature medicine, 2017.
- Clark PM, Ebiana VA, Gosa L, Cloughesy TF, Nathanson DA. Harnessing Preclinical Molecular Imaging to Inform Advances in Personalized Cancer Medicine.. Journal of nuclear medicine : official publication, Society of Nuclear Medicine, 2017.
- Clark PM, Mai WX, Cloughesy TF, Nathanson DA. Emerging Approaches for Targeting Metabolic Vulnerabilities in Malignant Glioma.. Current neurology and neuroscience reports, 2016.
- Faltermeier CM, Drake JM, Clark PM, Smith BA, Zong Y, Volpe C, Mathis C, Morrissey C, Castor B, Huang J, Witte ON. Functional screen identifies kinases driving prostate cancer visceral and bone metastasis.. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2015.
- Evdokimov NM, Clark PM, Flores G, Chai T, Faull KF, Phelps ME, Witte ON, Jung ME. Development of 2-Deoxy-2-[(18)F]fluororibose for Positron Emission Tomography Imaging Liver Function in Vivo.. Journal of medicinal chemistry, 2015.
- Clark PM, Flores G, Evdokimov NM, McCracken MN, Chai T, Nair-Gill E, O'Mahony F, Beaven SW, Faull KF, Phelps ME, Jung ME, Witte ON. Positron emission tomography probe demonstrates a striking concentration of ribose salvage in the liver.. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2014.