Ranmal Aloka Samarasinghe
Assistant Professor-in-Residence, Neurology, University of California Los Angeles
- Allison T, Langerman J, Sabri S, Otero-Garcia M, Lund A, Huang J, Wei X, Samarasinghe RA, Polioudakis D, Mody I, Cobos I, Novitch BG, Geschwind DH, Plath K, Lowry WE. Defining the nature of human pluripotent stem cell-derived interneurons via single-cell analysis.. Stem cell reports, 2021.
- Samarasinghe RA, Miranda OA, Buth JE, Mitchell S, Ferando I, Watanabe M, Allison TF, Kurdian A, Fotion NN, Gandal MJ, Golshani P, Plath K, Lowry WE, Parent JM, Mody I, Novitch BG. Identification of neural oscillations and epileptiform changes in human brain organoids.. Nature neuroscience, 2021.
- Samarasinghe RA, Kanuparthi PS, Timothy Greenamyre J, DeFranco DB, Di Maio R. Transient muscarinic and glutamatergic stimulation of neural stem cells triggers acute and persistent changes in differentiation.. Neurobiology of disease, 2014.
- Samarasinghe RA, Witchell SF, DeFranco DB. Cooperativity and complementarity: synergies in non-classical and classical glucocorticoid signaling.. Cell cycle (Georgetown, Tex.), 2012.
- Samarasinghe RA, Di Maio R, Volonte D, Galbiati F, Lewis M, Romero G, DeFranco DB. Nongenomic glucocorticoid receptor action regulates gap junction intercellular communication and neural progenitor cell proliferation.. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2011.
- Bales JW, Yan HQ, Ma X, Li Y, Samarasinghe R, Dixon CE. The dopamine and cAMP regulated phosphoprotein, 32 kDa (DARPP-32) signaling pathway: a novel therapeutic target in traumatic brain injury.. Experimental neurology, 2011.
- Samarasinghe RA. The urgent need to increase support for the NIH's MD-PhD student fellowships.. Academic medicine : journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges, 2011.
- Ho Y, Samarasinghe R, Knoch ME, Lewis M, Aizenman E, DeFranco DB. Selective inhibition of mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatases by zinc accounts for extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2-dependent oxidative neuronal cell death.. Molecular pharmacology, 2008.