Rene R S Packard
Assistant Professor-in-Residence, Medicine, University of California Los Angeles
Assistant Professor-in-Residence, Physiology, University of California Los Angeles
Dr. Packard is an Assistant Professor of Medicine, Physiology, and Bioengineering at UCLA, and a clinical and imaging cardiologist at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center and the West LA VA Medical Center. Dr. Packard graduated from Voltaire College (Geneva, Switzerland) and the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Geneva (Switzerland). He completed a research fellowship in the laboratory of Dr. Peter Libby at the Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School. He then went on to be a medicine resident at the University Hospitals of Cleveland/Case Western Reserve University, followed by a cardiology fellowship at UCLA where he graduated from the STAR program, earning a PhD in Molecular, Cellular, and Integrative Physiology. Dr. Packard’s research has been recognized through multiple awards, including from UCLA, the Cardiovascular Research Foundation of Southern California, the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology, and the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, and his work has been supported by the NIH, the AHA, and the VA.
- Ding Y, Gudapati V, Lin R, Fei Y, Packard RRS, Song S, Chang CC, Baek KI, Wang Z, Roustaei M, Kuang D, Kuo CJ, Hsiai TK. Saak Transform-Based Machine Learning for Light-Sheet Imaging of Cardiac Trabeculation.. IEEE transactions on bio-medical engineering, 2020.
- Packard RRS, Cooke CD, Van Train KF, Votaw JR, Sayre JW, Lazewatsky JL, Champagne KM, Orlandi C, Garcia EV, Maddahi J. Development, diagnostic performance, and interobserver agreement of a 18F-flurpiridaz PET automated perfusion quantitation system.. Journal of nuclear cardiology : official publication of the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology, 2020.
- Ding Y, Dvornikov AV, Ma X, Zhang H, Wang Y, Lowerison M, Packard RR, Wang L, Chen J, Zhang Y, Hsiai T, Lin X, Xu X. Haploinsufficiency of mechanistic target of rapamycin ameliorates bag3 cardiomyopathy in adult zebrafish.. Disease models & mechanisms, 2019.
- Packard RRS. Dipyridamole infusion protocols for absolute myocardial blood flow quantitation by PET.. Journal of nuclear cardiology : official publication of the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology, 2018.
- Packard RRS, Baek KI, Beebe T, Jen N, Ding Y, Shi F, Fei P, Kang BJ, Chen PH, Gau J, Chen M, Tang JY, Shih YH, Ding Y, Li D, Xu X, Hsiai TK. Automated Segmentation of Light-Sheet Fluorescent Imaging to Characterize Experimental Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiac Injury and Repair.. Scientific reports, 2017.
- Packard RR, Li D, Budoff MJ, Karlsberg RP. Fractional flow reserve by computerized tomography and subsequent coronary revascularization.. European heart journal. Cardiovascular Imaging, 2016.