Assistant Professor-in-Residence, Neurology, University of California Los Angeles
The goal of our research laboratory is to incorporate genomics, electronic health records, and biomedical informatics to realize precision medicine for neurodegenerative diseases. To work toward this goal, we leverage our biological and clinical understanding of disease, and ability to apply state-of-the-art biomedical informatic methods to enhance novel discoveries. In addition to research, I am a movement disorder and neurobehavior physician, actively seeing patients with Alzheimer’s disease, dementias and atypical Parkinsonian disorders.
Education and Training
|UCLA||2020||Fellowship Movement Disorder|
|University of Wisconsin, Madison||MD||06/2014|
|University of Wisconsin, Madison||PhD||06/2012||Clinical Investigation (Biomedical Informatics)|
- Fu M, Yan Y, Olde Loohuis LM, Chang TS. Defining the distance between diseases using SNOMED CT embeddings.. Journal of biomedical informatics, 2023.
- Fu M, UCLA Precision Health Data Discovery Repository Working Group, UCLA Precision Health ATLAS Working Group, Chang TS. Phenome-Wide Association Study of Polygenic Risk Score for Alzheimer's Disease in Electronic Health Records.. Frontiers in aging neuroscience, 2022.
- Chang TS, Ding Y, Freund MK, Johnson R, Schwarz T, Yabu JM, Hazlett C, Chiang JN, Wulf DA, UCLA Precision Health Data Discovery Repository Working Group, Geschwind DH, Butte MJ, Pasaniuc B. Pre-existing conditions in Hispanics/Latinxs that are COVID-19 risk factors.. iScience, 2021.
- Rexach JE, Polioudakis D, Yin A, Swarup V, Chang TS, Nguyen T, Sarkar A, Chen L, Huang J, Lin LC, Seeley W, Trojanowski JQ, Malhotra D, Geschwind DH. Tau Pathology Drives Dementia Risk-Associated Gene Networks toward Chronic Inflammatory States and Immunosuppression.. Cell reports, 2020.
- Chang TS, Ding Y, Freund MK, Johnson R, Schwarz T, Yabu JM, Hazlett C, Chiang JN, Wulf A, UCLA Health Data Mart Working Group, Geschwind DH, Butte MJ, Pasaniuc B. Prior diagnoses and medications as risk factors for COVID-19 in a Los Angeles Health System.. medRxiv : the preprint server for health sciences, 2020.
- Swarup V, Chang TS, Duong DM, Dammer EB, Dai J, Lah JJ, Johnson ECB, Seyfried NT, Levey AI, Geschwind DH. Identification of Conserved Proteomic Networks in Neurodegenerative Dementia.. Cell reports, 2020.
- Chang TS, Buchipudi A, Fonarow GC, Pfeffer MA, Singer JS, Cheng EM. Physicians Voluntarily Using an EHR-Based CDS Tool Improved Patients' Guideline-Related Statin Prescription Rates: A Retrospective Cohort Study.. Applied clinical informatics, 2019.
- Chang TS, Teng E, Elashoff D, Grill JD, Alzheimer’s Disease Neuroimaging Initiative. Optimizing Effect Sizes With Imaging Enrichment and Outcome Choices for Mild Alzheimer Disease Clinical Trials.. Alzheimer disease and associated disorders, 2017.