Professor, Biological Chemistry, University of California Los Angeles
Professor, Neurobiology, University of California Los Angeles
Education and Training
- Wu YE, Hong W. Neural basis of prosocial behavior.. Trends in neurosciences, 2022.
- Hong W, Kennedy A, Burgos-Artizzu XP, Zelikowsky M, Navonne SG, Perona P, Anderson DJ. Automated measurement of mouse social behaviors using depth sensing, video tracking, and machine learning.. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2015.
- Ward A, Hong W, Favaloro V, Luo L. Toll receptors instruct axon and dendrite targeting and participate in synaptic partner matching in a Drosophila olfactory circuit.. Neuron, 2015.
- Hong W, Kim DW, Anderson DJ. Antagonistic control of social versus repetitive self-grooming behaviors by separable amygdala neuronal subsets.. Cell, 2014.
- Hong W, Luo L. Genetic control of wiring specificity in the fly olfactory system.. Genetics, 2014.
- Hong W. Science & SciLifeLab Prize. Assembly of a neural circuit.. Science (New York, N.Y.), 2013.
- Hong W, Wu YE, Fu X, Chang Z. Chaperone-dependent mechanisms for acid resistance in enteric bacteria.. Trends in microbiology, 2012.
- Hong W, Mosca TJ, Luo L. Teneurins instruct synaptic partner matching in an olfactory map.. Nature, 2012.
- Mosca TJ, Hong W, Dani VS, Favaloro V, Luo L. Trans-synaptic Teneurin signalling in neuromuscular synapse organization and target choice.. Nature, 2012.
- de Wit J, Hong W, Luo L, Ghosh A. Role of leucine-rich repeat proteins in the development and function of neural circuits.. Annual review of cell and developmental biology, 2011.
- Hong W, Luo L. Dendritic tiling through TOR signalling.. The EMBO journal, 2009.
- Hong W, Zhu H, Potter CJ, Barsh G, Kurusu M, Zinn K, Luo L. Leucine-rich repeat transmembrane proteins instruct discrete dendrite targeting in an olfactory map.. Nature neuroscience, 2009.
- Wu YE, Hong W, Liu C, Zhang L, Chang Z. Conserved amphiphilic feature is essential for periplasmic chaperone HdeA to support acid resistance in enteric bacteria.. The Biochemical journal, 2008.
- Hong W, Jiao W, Hu J, Zhang J, Liu C, Fu X, Shen D, Xia B, Chang Z. Periplasmic protein HdeA exhibits chaperone-like activity exclusively within stomach pH range by transforming into disordered conformation.. The Journal of biological chemistry, 2005.