Professor, Psychology, University of California Los Angeles
- Cui L, Lo S, Liu Z. The Use of Visualizations to Improve Bayesian Reasoning: A Literature Review.. Vision (Basel, Switzerland), 2023.
- Yu A, Zhang R, Silva AE, Xing Y, Thompson B, Liu Z. Motion opponency at the middle temporal cortex: Preserved motion information and the effect of perceptual learning.. The European journal of neuroscience, 2022.
- Willey CR, Liu Z. Re-assessing the role of culture on the visual orientation perception of the rod and frame test.. PloS one, 2022.
- Deeb AR, Silva AE, Liu Z. Causality modulates perception of apparent motion stimuli.. Vision research, 2022.
- Waz S, Liu Z. Evidence for strictly monocular processing in visual motion opponency and Glass pattern perception.. Vision research, 2021.
- Karjack S, Erlikhman G, Liu Z. Reduced direction discrimination sensitivity in visual motion adaptation, and the role of perceptual learning.. Vision research, 2021.
- Cui L, Liu Z. Synergy between research on ensemble perception, data visualization, and statistics education: A tutorial review.. Attention, perception & psychophysics, 2021.
- Erlikhman G, Singh G, Ghose T, Liu Z. The effect of perceptual contour orientation uncertainty on the tilt aftereffect.. Vision research, 2019.
- Xing Y, Liu Z. A preference for minimal deformation constrains the perceived depth of a stereokinetic stimulus.. Vision research, 2018.
- Silva AE, Liu Z. Spatial proximity modulates the strength of motion opponent suppression elicited by locally paired dot displays.. Vision research, 2018.
- Willey CR, Liu Z. Limited generalization with varied, as compared to specific, practice in short-term motor learning.. Acta psychologica, 2017.
- Willey CR, Liu Z. Long-term motor learning: Effects of varied and specific practice.. Vision research, 2017.
- Lu H, Tjan BS, Liu Z. Human efficiency in detecting and discriminating biological motion.. Journal of vision, 2017.
- Chang J, Zhou Y, Liu Z. Limited Top-Down Influence from Recognition to Same-Different Matching of Chinese Characters.. PloS one, 2016.
- Silva AE, Liu Z. Opponent backgrounds reduce discrimination sensitivity to competing motions: effects of different vertical motions on horizontal motion perception.. Vision research, 2015.
- Lu H, Liu Z. When a never-seen but less-occluded image is better recognized: evidence from same-different matching experiments and a model.. Journal of vision, 2009.
- Lu H, Liu Z. When a never-seen but less-occluded image is better recognized: evidence from old-new memory experiments.. Journal of vision, 2008.
- Lu H, Liu Z. Computing dynamic classification images from correlation maps.. Journal of vision, 2006.
- Rokers B, Yuille A, Liu Z. The perceived motion of a stereokinetic stimulus.. Vision research, 2006.
- Thompson B, Liu Z. Learning motion discrimination with suppressed and un-suppressed MT.. Vision research, 2006.
- Lu H, Tjan BS, Liu Z. Shape recognition alters sensitivity in stereoscopic depth discrimination.. Journal of vision, 2006.
- Lu H, Zavagno D, Liu Z. The glare effect does not give rise to a longer-lasting afterimage.. Perception, 2006.
- Lu H, Qian N, Liu Z. Learning motion discrimination with suppressed MT.. Vision research, 2004.
- Liu Z. On the principle of minimal relative motion--the bar, the circle with a dot, and the ellipse.. Journal of vision, 2003.
- Liu Z, Kersten D. Three-dimensional symmetric shapes are discriminated more efficiently than asymmetric ones.. Journal of the Optical Society of America. A, Optics, image science, and vision, 2003.